OT Die Broke

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

OT Die Broke

Post by pharmseller »

I don't want to hijack the retirement topic so I'm posting a new thread.
For those of us who need money to live I recommend the book Die Broke by Stephen Pollan and Mark Levine (1998, I think).
The point of the book is that financial rules have changed in the last 50 years and we need to change with them. Find most of the book here:

http://books.google.com/books?id=1AQ0Kh ... il#PPA4,M1

Look at the Four Rules
Quit Today
Pay Cash
Don't Retire
Die Broke

He makes a lot of sense.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I agree with that totally. But, it doesn't always have to be one ore the other. If a person can learn and practice integrity, responsibility(and a host of other values), then giving doesn't gaurentee corruption. I have a big challenge ahead of me: to teach my kids how to be good stewards of their life on earth, and to set an excellent example for them to follow. No sweat . :shock:

Of course there is always plan B: founding the "Andrew N. Gilbert School For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Want to Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too". 8)

I will look at that book though, it looks interesting.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

you know, it's funny, I've been having trouble at work, and getting frustrated, until I gave myself permission to quit.

Since then I've been much more relaxed, and fought off the problems, because I had nothing to lose.

I still work there, but I work for myself.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."