Win94 AE scope mount

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
baldcavalier
Levergunner

Win94 AE scope mount

Post by baldcavalier »

Hello All,

Newbie here with my first post. I recently sorta inherited a Winchester 94 Angle Eject 44 Mag (trapper?). My eyes aren't what they used to be and I'd like to mount a red dot on the rifle. I'd like to try deer hunting with it this fall. I hunt in an area of Nebraska where my longest shot to date has been 100 yards.

Would one of you experienced fellas or gals please suggest a mount for me? I'd prefer a one piece mount for weaver rings. A two piece mount would be OK too. I just don't know where to start looking.

Thanks in advance.
If all else fails, tighten up the nut behind the stock.

Greg
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Hi Baldcavalier, my 94 trapper is scoped and I use Weaver bases and rings. Solid and economic.
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

bases

Post by joachim slim »

ive got a set of 94AE bases i will send you free if ya want to use them. they are 2 piece set. i need to give them away to pass on the good Karma i got from someone else.
baldcavalier
Levergunner

Re: bases

Post by baldcavalier »

joachim slim wrote:ive got a set of 94AE bases i will send you free if ya want to use them. they are 2 piece set. i need to give them away to pass on the good Karma i got from someone else.
Be glad to help your karma (and me). I replied to your PM. I knew this was the place to find some fine folks.

Now I have to decide on the red dot. And practice, practice, practice. What's a good commercial 44 load for whitetail? Has anybody seen the Hornady LeverEvolution in 44 yet?
If all else fails, tighten up the nut behind the stock.

Greg
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edsguns »

I have a nice red dot (shotdot) made by Simmons with 4 different reticle types small(4moa) dot, large(8moa) dot, small crosshair and Diamond plex. It's got more than enough brightness levels and I like the preciseness of the crosshairs for sight-in and the boldness of the dots for target aquisition. Mine is mounted on a .450 marlin and seems to be holding up fine. For shooting to 150 yds or so, I think you'll find the multi-reticle red dots an excellent sight. Good luck
Oh, Cabela's is carrying the new .357 and .44 mag LE ammo.
We are responsible for leaving the same legacy of freedom and rights given to us for our children and grandchildren.
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

scope

Post by joachim slim »

i was at cabelas today. (i love that place) i people watched and looked at the used guns as my wife shopped the mall. anyway...Cabelas has their "pine ridge" brand scopes on sale. (i was told by several employees that the scope is made by Nikon) they have a special package deal on the 3x9x40 pine ridge scope with a 10x42 set of binoc's. it is on sale for $75. i have one of the scopes on my 45-70 handi rifle and it performs very well. it also comes with a lifetime warranty. no questions asked.