45 long colt lever gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
willysgto
Levergunner

45 long colt lever gun

Post by willysgto »

:? Does anyone know when the first 45 long colt lever gun was made and by who. I can't find out.
hey help
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Believe it was Marlin 1894 model in about 1983, and winchester followed shortly thereafter with the 94 trapper model.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: 45 long colt lever gun

Post by J Miller »

willysgto wrote::? Does anyone know when the first 45 long colt lever gun was made and by who. I can't find out.
The .45 Colt was introduced in the Winchester Mdl 94AE Trapper in 1985.

I think it was the first to come out in .45 Colt, and the Marlin 1894 soon after. At least that's all I've ever read.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
jtaylor1960
Levergunner

45 COLT LEVER GUN

Post by jtaylor1960 »

I believe these guys are on target.Contrary to popular belief ther were no 45 colt levers until modern times.For whatever reason only revolvers were made in 45 Colt until fairly recently.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Joe is right on the money! Paco talks about it a bit in this good read about the .45 Colt http://www.leverguns.com/articles/paco/ ... vergun.htm
Henry McCann
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Henry McCann »

Bigahh,

Thanks for the link to Paco's article...I really enjoyed it!
"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet; but have a plan on how to kill them." General Mattis