Little OT NRA board members

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Little OT NRA board members

Post by handirifle »

Just got recent edition of American Hunter mag, wanting us to vote for new board members. First name on the ballot....

Tom Selleck

Could he end up being the next Charlton Heston for the NRA? I hope so.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Little OT NRA board members

Post by JReed »

handirifle wrote:Just got recent edition of American Hunter mag, wanting us to vote for new board members. First name on the ballot....

Tom Selleck

Could he end up being the next Charlton Heston for the NRA? I hope so.
+1
He is one of the few celebs that is worth a darn.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Why do we want the movies actors to actually live for real the character types we see them play on the screen? I like DuValls character in his movies, (Like Gus in Lonesome Dove for Example), I really like Selleck in Quigley, as well as other of his films, and in these guys two cases I guess I would be dissapointed if I found them to be liars and cheats and skunks. I do think Tom Selleck could impact tremendousely the NRA if he had real power there. I wrote and told him that once about 5 years ago, he sent me a very nice autographed photo of himself.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Selleck gets my vote all the time. He'd be a strong voice - like Heston.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Tom Selleck is a first rate person, period. He owns a lot of commercial property in this area (Selleck Properties) and never has his integrity ever come into question.

He's given his word to many in this valley and kept it, and avoids controversal issues, such as areas we locals fight to keep undeveloped. He in it to make money, but he also cares about the community, and has invested here for at least 25years that I know of, maybe more.

He'll get my vote, but who are all these other guys???

I think given the chance, he WILL make a difference.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm of the opinion that you should only vote for 5-8 maybe 10 of the best (in your view). Voting for all 26 reduces the impact of your vote and allows the, ummm, less effective to get in. There've been postings about Robert K. Brown's and David Hardy's recommendations but there must not be many voting members here. I think this election might be as important to gun rights as the national elections.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Hobie wrote:I'm of the opinion that you should only vote for 5-8 maybe 10 of the best (in your view). Voting for all 26 reduces the impact of your vote and allows the, ummm, less effective to get in. There've been postings about Robert K. Brown's and David Hardy's recommendations but there must not be many voting members here. I think this election might be as important to gun rights as the national elections.
Looking at my ballot here Hobie, got any recommendations??
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've not got my ballot with me but the recommendations are on my blog (I think...) :roll: and of course you should vote for Paco Kelly and Jim Taylor. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Roger that. I'll check the blog too.