Young woman who chased a grizzly on horseback

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Young woman who chased a grizzly on horseback

Post by getitdone1 »

Not too long ago someone mentioned this outstanding young woman and her courageous act.

She was working as a wrangler guiding sightseers on horseback when a deer and then a grizzly, behind it, came out of the brush.

I'll let you hear the rest of the story from Erin Bolster who tells about her amazing experience on the David Letterman Show on YouTube. Just type Erin Bolster in the YouTube search box and pick the video that runs over 11 minutes. There are some videos of this that have been cut.

While there you might also want to watch videos shown off to the right about grizzlies.

I don't have to wish this young woman luck. With her courage and good character, she doesn't need it.

A truly outstanding story.

I'll see if I can find the article of this I posted to this group not too long ago and then add it to this post.

Came back to add, Tonk the big horse she was riding that day is also on this Letterman Show. Groomed to a "T." After this experience and what this horse was willing to do for her, she bought him.

Back again and found several nice pictures and articles so decided to let you guys "do the google thing" so you could experience more than just my one article. Just type Erin Bolster in the Google search box. You'll also find the David Letterman video interview there. The 11+ minute one.

Don
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Re: Young woman who chased a grizzly on horseback

Post by getitdone1 »

While reading the many articles about Erin Bolster I came across this video where a large black bear caused horses to bolt--some with little kids on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=aTM ... =endscreen

Don
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

We had a couple of similar experiences locally. A few years ago a Griz opened a tent and grabbed a young child by the head. The child's mother pursued the bear carrying the child and clubbed it with her makeup case until it dropped the little one and ran away! There was some trauma but everyone survived.

Recently a woman in BC I think died placing herself between her children and an attacking mountain lion. From the accounts she knew exactly what would happen but put her children first.

I'm convinced women are tougher than us guys by a long shot. I wouldn't use small luggage and hair curlers in hand to claw combat!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Canuck Bob wrote:I'm convinced women are tougher than us guys by a long shot. I wouldn't use small luggage and hair curlers in hand to claw combat!
I'll bet if a bear had your kid, you would... :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Canuck Bob wrote:We had a couple of similar experiences locally. A few years ago a Griz opened a tent and grabbed a young child by the head. The child's mother pursued the bear carrying the child and clubbed it with her makeup case until it dropped the little one and ran away! There was some trauma but everyone survived.

Recently a woman in BC I think died placing herself between her children and an attacking mountain lion. From the accounts she knew exactly what would happen but put her children first.

I'm convinced women are tougher than us guys by a long shot. I wouldn't use small luggage and hair curlers in hand to claw combat!
No matter what species, You Do Not Mess With The MOMMY"!
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
redhawk
Levergunner 1.0

Post by redhawk »

jeepnik wrote:
Canuck Bob wrote:We had a couple of similar experiences locally. A few years ago a Griz opened a tent and grabbed a young child by the head. The child's mother pursued the bear carrying the child and clubbed it with her makeup case until it dropped the little one and ran away! There was some trauma but everyone survived.

No matter what species, You Do Not Mess With The MOMMY"!

No truer words have been spoken.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks for posting that. What a great lady!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

WOW!
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

This reminds me of a Chihuahua chasing a Rottweiler until the Rottweiler turns on the Chihuahua.. The only thing the Chihuahua can hope for is that the Rottweiler chokes on him...