Chuck 100 Yds Custom Holsters!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Chuck 100 Yds Custom Holsters!

Post by salvo »

Back quite a few months ago I was admiring Chuck's handy work on his beautiful holsters and I PM'd him about a Cross-Draw,Three Persons design, he didn't have one but was willing and able to work with me on a design he could start selling. Chuck started off with a basic unlined holster from some leather he had, we shipped that leather back and forth from WA to NV a few times and got the basic holster down. Then Chuck started on a nice lined one with a few more refinements, I could tell it was a winner when he shipped it to me for wet fitting to my Flat Top, oiling and marking the snap location. I shipped it back for final finish and snap a couple weeks ago. It was in my mailbox waiting for me to get home from spending Thanksgiving with my folks on our ranch in Utah.
I have been using the practice holster and it is a great holster and can not wait to start using the new one with it's subtle refinements.
Chuck's a great guy and a friend, it's been a great experience with this collaboration, he did all the work and don't let him tell you otherwise:D
Thank you Chuck.

The practice holster is the dark one. On with the pictures! I wish I would have taken pictures throughout the process.

ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Chuck 100 Yds Custom Holsters!

Post by stretch »

That's a nice rig! 8)

Could get a guy thinkin' about acquiring another
handgun to fill somethin' like that....... :wink:

-Stretch
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT - Chuck 100 Yds Custom Holsters!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

STUNNING!!! :mrgreen: :D 8)
Hobie

Re: Chuck 100 Yds Custom Holsters!

Post by Hobie »

No OT... Thank you.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Beautiful work. Absolutely beautiful!

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Excellent! Really good looking work their Chuck.
Old Law Dawg
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I really like those rigs. The dark one is a winner for me. I would like to see a couple of shots with the holster on your belt.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Thanks for the compliments guys and I am glad you like it Scott.
That was a fun one for me and I learned a bunch also.
That was my first try at basket stamping.
Not hard to do, but difficult to do well, if you know what I mean. I have since seen other border styles that make the basket weave stamping stand out more.

So many projects and so little time.

I am making a holster now for an old Colt Factory conversion.
(made up of cap and ball style parts but came from Colt as a breech loader (.44wcf) .
I will be posting a lot of pics in a couple of weeks.
:wink:
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Thanks for the compliments guys and I am glad you like it Scott.
That was a fun one for me and I learned a bunch also.
That was my first try at basket stamping.
Not hard to do, but difficult to do well, if you know what I mean. I have since seen other border styles that make the basket weave stamping stand out more.

So many projects and so little time.

I am making a holster now for an old Colt Factory conversion.
(made up of cap and ball style parts but came from Colt as a breech loader (.44wcf) .
I will be posting a lot of pics in a couple of weeks.
:wink:
Can't wait to see the holster and the piece.
Old Law Dawg