Need Help with Marbles Game Getter Scope mount

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Need Help with Marbles Game Getter Scope mount

Post by BenT »

I seen a used Savage 99 with one of these scope mounts and they seemed like the cats meow . The peep sight under the scope mount was pretty cool. I would like to get one for my 99 , Win 88 or Rem 7600. But so far all I have found for the Marbles part # is for the Win 88 which is WI-41-R . I need to know the number so when I see one for sale I know what I'm getting. The R at the end of the number means round peep and O means oval. I have old Lyman catalogs but not Marbles. Any help would be great . Thanks Ben
DougB
Levergunner

Re: Need Help with Marbles Game Getter Scope mount

Post by DougB »

BenT wrote:I seen a used Savage 99 with one of these scope mounts and they seemed like the cats meow . The peep sight under the scope mount was pretty cool. I would like to get one for my 99 , Win 88 or Rem 7600. But so far all I have found for the Marbles part # is for the Win 88 which is WI-41-R . I need to know the number so when I see one for sale I know what I'm getting. The R at the end of the number means round peep and O means oval. I have old Lyman catalogs but not Marbles. Any help would be great . Thanks Ben
I have been looking for the same mount for my '99 for about a year and no luck....yet.

Does anybody know if the 7600 uses the same mounts as a 760? If so, I might know where I can get my hands on one. The guy had two of the Game Getters when I bought one for my 760. Of course I bought the one that more closely matched my Rem's finish. The second one did have a bit different finish. Also have one on my BAR 30-06.

These are fine, solid mounts.
"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Cadott/Chippewa Falls, WI
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Doug, is there a model number stamped on your scope mount?
DougB
Levergunner

Post by DougB »

BenT wrote:Doug, is there a model number stamped on your scope mount?
Ben,

No model number stamped that I can see. Says only "Gamegetter, Gladstone, MI. Might be something on the bottom side, but I'm not about to remove the mount to see.....I'm sure you understand. The Marbles Gamegetter scope mounts did not utilize a "base". They screw directly to the receiver, thus the low profile. Very make and model specific. Perhaps somebody else here has some insight.

Doug
"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Cadott/Chippewa Falls, WI
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Doug , sent you a message.