OT: Midway acct problems

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT: Midway acct problems

Post by J Miller »

OK, just went to sign in to my account at Midway and their page said no account matched my email and PW. Total BS cos I've had that account for 8 years. I sent 'em an email asking what's up.

Oh well, I know there are other places to buy dies and equipment. But I have hundreds of links in my bookmarks and nothing jumps out at me.

Who is the others most mentioned for buying reloading dies and stuff?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Cast Bullet Hunter
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT: Midway acct problems

Post by Cast Bullet Hunter »

Just check the "Forgot Password" and follow their instructions to re-set it. The same thing has happened to me three times just on this forum, nothing to get angry with them about.

I even had to send Hobie a PM on another forum because the system wouldn't let me contact an administrator!

I have had good luck with Graf.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

C B H,

I'm not angry at them. Just frustrated a bit. My wife popped in and said try this; type in XXXXXXX instead. Zip, right in. Some how my password had been changed, the computer remembered the old one, and my records had not been updated. And of course I forgot. Duh.
But my wifie knows ............. :oops: :x grrrrrrrrrrr.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

... and you thought she only remembered your faults. :D
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Rusty wrote:... and you thought she only remembered your faults. :D
Yeah, ain't that something? :lol: :lol:

Joe
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Think how that feels for your entire computer! I'm just now up to you re-entering email addresses and phone numbers in my address book! Slow, slow, and still tedious! Good thing I use mostly the same user name and password, with only slight variations.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

We keep an Excel spreadsheet with all of our accounts, login names, passwords, answer to secret questions, etc. We've also had the kids put their account info in there if Heaven forbid something happened to them.

And just for reference, this is not a file that's easily available on our main PC and it's absolutely not named "passwords.xls"!
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

http://www.grafs.com/

http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

I had the same problem a few months ago. It took a couple of phone calls but got it straightened out.

Mainehunter :wink:
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

wecsoger wrote:We keep an Excel spreadsheet with all of our accounts, login names, passwords, answer to secret questions, etc. We've also had the kids put their account info in there if Heaven forbid something happened to them.

And just for reference, this is not a file that's easily available on our main PC and it's absolutely not named "passwords.xls"!
That's what I've done and gone a step further. After each change to the XL file, I email it to my yahoo act. so that it will be available should something happen to my PC. I guess it could get hacked, but I'm much less worried about that than loosing all those passwords.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

20cows wrote:
http://www.grafs.com/

http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/

Widener's and Mid South Shooter's Supply are two others that i have used.

I still use Midway the most though
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Thanks for the links. I'll check 'em out tomorrow. See who has the cheapest price and shipping.

Joe
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

what r U looking for Joe ?
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

J Miller wrote:And of course I forgot. Duh.
But my wifie knows .............
Wimmen don't forget NUTHIN' - specially if it's something BAD you did a few dozen or hundred years ago... :o
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

There's this fancy box, you probably have one, you can talk into and people can talk back. I think it's called a telephone. CALL THEM ya dummy.
Certified gun nut
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

pwl44m wrote:what r U looking for Joe ?
Redding dual carbide ring sizing die. Midway show them to be in stock now.
AJMD429 wrote:
J Miller wrote:And of course I forgot. Duh.
But my wifie knows .............
Wimmen don't forget NUTHIN' - specially if it's something BAD you did a few dozen or hundred years ago... :o
That is SOOOOOO true.

adirondakjack wrote:There's this fancy box, you probably have one, you can talk into and people can talk back. I think it's called a telephone. CALL THEM ya dummy.
Telie fone ....... me no the thing not how to use item? I wish to have no words with confusion cow . i bee two dumm.

Besides, my wife figgered it out for me ...... duh.
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

I've got a paper notebook that I write user names and passwords in. Nobody can hack it and there is no way the notebook can crash because of a virus. Pretty fool proof.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

My wife does that. I think I'm gonna get me a tablet and do it too.

Joe
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Chas. wrote:
wecsoger wrote:We keep an Excel spreadsheet with all of our accounts, login names, passwords, answer to secret questions, etc. We've also had the kids put their account info in there if Heaven forbid something happened to them.

That's what I've done and gone a step further. After each change to the XL file, I email it to my yahoo act. so that it will be available should something happen to my PC. I guess it could get hacked, but I'm much less worried about that than loosing all those passwords.
I have used RoboForm for possibly 20 years or more - whenever it was that the software first appeared, before SiberSoft bought it out. In my job (I'm now retired) I had to log on to dozens of different sites and accounts each day, and some were quite sensitive, beyond exposing my personal data, bank account, etc. RoboForm filled the bill, and it is still an excellent, cheap resource. Now, it has a "sync" application online so when I change a password on my laptop it is changed on my desktop - from anywhere in the world.

YOU USE ONE PASSWORD - make it good one! - and then store unique passwords for each site you visit. In that way, if one site is raided, the bad guys can't get to your other stuff, especially if you use the same initial log-in for several sites (your name and ISP address).

RoboForm is encrypted with some pretty good software, so the RoboForm file cannot be opened by your run of the mill cyberpunk or burglar (should your 'puter get stolen).

As for storing PW's any other way, unfortunately one merely has to search for your logon name in the "Search for word or phrase" box of the Microsoft Search box, and all the files that hold your logon name will appear - a picklist from which one can expose your PW list, regardless of where it is stored or what the name is.

With RoboForm, I use the master PW once when I turn on the 'puter and then it presents a menu of sites that I visit, with or without required passwords. No hassle point and click, and you are into the site, whether passworded or not. Sites are "Saved" from the browser (Click the "Save" button) so you don't have to do much work in adding a new entry to RoboForm's listings.

I frankly don't know how many sites I have stored on it; it is over 850 sites at present. Most folks don't use the Internet as a living and will just need a few sites protected, and RoboForm is free (or it used to be) in limited use. If you buy it, it's not much. And it has been time tested and proven for longer than some Leverguns contributors have been around!

I have surveyed several other "Password Valuts" and have found many of them quite unreliable - buggy, hard to use, or easy to crack with tools that are available for less than $40 here on the Internet. RoboForm uses DES, AES, Triple DES (3DES), Blowfish or RCS encryption - your choice at the touch of a button on setup. Unless you are worried about NSA surveying your computer, you are pretty secure.

http://www.roboform.com/
No, I don't get kickbacks from the company. But you should check it out for yourself. It also allows you to store your credit card and bank account information - Account, Expiration Date, and CCN (?) number (the secure number on the back of the card) and pop it into an online form when you order something, like from Midway (my favorite supplier). Putting your credit card online and permanently with a company is just bad business, given all of the corporate hacks that have been successfully exploited by cyberdweebs and thieves.

No offense to those who think that they have hidden their PW lists - I'm just trying to help. False security can get you into trouble faster than almost anything. RoboForm is a good step, and they supply constant free updates between major versions to keep up with the market and new platforms.