ot- forum operation

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

ot- forum operation

Post by pokey »

in a recent post griff showed multiple quotes
from other posters in a single reply.
how does one do this? i have tried
various methods with no success.
somebody give me a clue, please.
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: ot- forum operation

Post by Blaine »

pokey wrote:in a recent post griff showed multiple quotes
Like this?

in a recent post griff showed multiple quotes

If so, just copy, paste, highlight with mouse, and hit the quote tab above.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You can even open a couple threads in different windows, hit the "quote" reply button in each of the windows/threads you want to combine, then...

Pick the 'primary' window/thread you want your response to show in, edit out the stuff you're not "quoting", and type your response there as usual, then...

Go to each of the other windows, edit out the stuff you're not "quoting", type your response there as usual, BUT when finished, hit Ctrl-A to highlight it all, then hit Ctrl-X to copy/delete it (you will be left with a blank response-box on that thread/window), close that window, and go back to your first 'primary' one. Position your cursor in the response box above or below your previous work as appropriate, then hit Ctrl-V and paste that second response/quote there.

Repeat for each of the thread/windows you opened, always going back to paste it in that first 'primary' response box. When you are done, click "submit" and it will all post there... 8)
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:You can even open a couple threads in different windows, hit the "quote" reply button in each of the windows/threads you want to combine, then...

Pick the 'primary' window/thread you want your response to show in, edit out the stuff you're not "quoting", and type your response there as usual, then...

Go to each of the other windows, edit out the stuff you're not "quoting", type your response there as usual, BUT when finished, hit Ctrl-X (you will be left with a blank response-box on that thread/window), close that window, and go back to your first 'primary' one. Position your cursor in the response box above or below your previous work as appropriate, then hit Ctrl-V and paste that second response/quote there.

Repeat for each of the thread/windows you opened, always going back to paste it in that first 'primary' response box. When you are done, click "submit" and it will all post there... 8)
The guy asks for a paper airplane, and you give him a space shuttle :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Actually, in the screen in which you're composing your response, if you look below each previous response has a quote button on the upper right corner of that response. Click on that button and the
BlaineG wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:You can even open a couple threads in different windows, hit the "quote" reply button in each of the windows/threads you want to combine, then...
Go to each of the other windows, edit out the stuff you're not "quoting", type your response there as usual, BUT when finished, hit Ctrl-X (you will be left with a blank response-box on that thread/window), close that window, and go back to your first 'primary' one. Position your cursor in the response box above or below your previous work as appropriate, then hit Ctrl-V and paste that second response/quote there.
The guy asks for a paper airplane, and you give him a space shuttle :lol: :lol: :lol:
will appear wherever your cursor is.

Use the "Preview" button to make sure your "quotes" are still intact and properly separated.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

AND you can ID each person you are quoting by adding ="username" immediately after the word quote in the first bracket...
pokey wrote:in a recent post griff showed multiple quotes from other posters in a single reply.how does one do this? i have tried various methods with no success. somebody give me a clue, please.

Repeat for each of the thread/windows you opened, always going back to paste it in that first 'primary' response box. When you are done, click "submit" and it will all post there..
AND you can see just how the code is written to copy by using the 'quote' button in the lower right hand of any given post. Image
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

gracias amigos. 8)

now for an opportunity to try it. :wink:

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

pokey wrote:in a recent post griff showed multiple quotes

ve or below your previous work as appropriate, then hit Ctrl-V and paste that second response/quote there.
Go to each of the other windows, edit out the stuff you're not "quoting", type your response there as usual, BUT when finished, hit Ctrl-A to highlight it all, then hit Ctrl-X to copy/delete it (you will be left with a blank response-box on that thread/window), close that window, and go back to your first 'primary' one. Position your cursor in the response box abo

That was too challenging for me.
Griff wrote:Actually, in the screen in which you're composing your response, if you look below each previous response has a quote button on the upper right corner of that response. Click on that button and the
BlaineG wrote:
Pick the 'primary' window/thread you want your response to show in, edit out the stuff you're not "quoting", and type your response there as usual, .
That part may have worked for me
Phil
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Yep Thanks Griff !!! 8)
Phil
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

1894 wrote:Yep Thanks Griff !!! 8)
Now, thank Hobie, for that's who taught me. I might be a "hi-tech redneck", but even we have to learn from someone!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

1894 wrote: Yep Thanks Griff !!! 8)
Griff wrote:Now, thank Hobie, for that's who taught me. I might be a "hi-tech redneck", but even we have to learn from someone!
Well holy macaroni! It works! I too was wondering how 'ya did that. Thanks for asking the question Pokey, and thanks for educating us, all you who responded.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

1894 wrote:Yep Thanks Griff !!! 8)
earlmck wrote: and thanks for educating us, all you who responded.
1894 wrote: That was too challenging for me.
Griff wrote: I might be a "hi-tech redneck"
analog guy tryin' to muddle thru this digital world, i can only hope to
be a "hi-tech redneck". :lol:
but even i can learn somethin' once in a while. :wink:

"BECAUSE I CAN"
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

BlaineG wrote:The guy asks for a paper airplane, and you give him a space shuttle :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did this with my kids.

Now I'm paying for all their missions as they continue to orbit.

:oops:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

FWiedner wrote:
BlaineG wrote:The guy asks for a paper airplane, and you give him a space shuttle :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did this with my kids.
Now I'm paying for all their missions as they continue to orbit.
:oops:
The same issue my father-in-law had. My wife described the time she asked him about building a sand castle and he'd gone into a doctorial dissertation on the cohesive requirements of "sand" based on the amount and quality of the water, the amount of contaminants in the sand. She's no dummy, but felt a little overwhelmed as a 6 year old! Unfortunately, his two younger children couldn't keep up... and yep, they're still in orbit. Oh yea, he was a ceramic engineer, I think it's an occupational hazard! I once asked a petroleum engineer about how you make gasoline out of asphalt grade crude oil! His convoluted answer put my weak head into a spin for sure!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!