35rem pics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
n2t
Levergunner 2.0

35rem pics

Post by n2t »

Have been messing with the sighting system on my 35 rem for a couple years now. Tried factory buckhorns, 3-9x40 scope, williams peep, and think I have settled on a 2.5x20 fixed power scope. Going to go out soon and see what the accuracy potential is today, but I'm hopefull this is the answer to my sighting questions.
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg29 ... gun006.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg29 ... gun004.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg29 ... gun003.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg29 ... gun002.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg29 ... gun001.jpg
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 35rem pics

Post by Pitchy »

You look a little small for that big of gun :lol: what is that creature?
I have that same gun but don`t shoot it much, my son has dropped a few deer with it though.
I put a Williams peep on mine.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
n2t
Levergunner 2.0

Post by n2t »

Lol it's a hairless cat, I was using a williams, but having issues with diff loads printing so far over and under each other that I had to get 3-4 new front sight blades to compensate. I figured the fixed scope would fix that issue.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

n2t,

Never mind the rifle. You've seen one Marlin, you've seen them all.

That cat ..... is well different. I've never seen good clear pics of a hairless cat before. Is it male or female? And how old is it?

Oh best hope Hobie don't see these pics, nudity is prohibited on this forum :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

You've seen one Marlin, you've seen them all.
Be nice now Joe :P
Oh best hope Hobie don't see these pics, nudity is prohibited on this forum
:shock: :lol: :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

hey the Weaver 1x-3x is on sale right now at Midway, I just got one for my 35 Rem.

Have to face facts, iron sights don't make it anymore. But with the Weaver rings I can detach it and go back for a little nostalgia and a little eyestrain.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

El Chivo wrote:hey the Weaver 1x-3x is on sale right now at Midway, I just got one for my 35 Rem.

Have to face facts, iron sights don't make it anymore. But with the Weaver rings I can detach it and go back for a little nostalgia and a little eyestrain.
I hope you're speaking for yourself, cos you ain't speaking for me. This here is a scope free house. :wink:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
n2t
Levergunner 2.0

Post by n2t »

I think it's about a 12 week old female hairless. Gf has been saving up for it for quite a while. I can still shoot irons pretty well, I'm just not a fan of beads it seems, I have trouble placing them consistently without a lot of effort on my part at 100 yards. I can do it..but it's very difficult for me. Now with my .22lr and it's basic buckhorns, I can print 1" groups at 50 and 3" groups at 100 fairly regularly. That said, I was able to put 3 shots into 2" at 100 today with the scope and that's good enough for this rifle. I've ordered some sierra 200grn flat tips and we'll see how they do, since I don't tend to load this gun hot (200 grn ftx at 1900fps, 200grm sierra at 2000fps, and 180grn spears at 2200fps) they should expand perfectly.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The elusive chupacabra. I think that might do it on the sights. Mine has a 3x Weaver.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

J Miller wrote:
El Chivo wrote:hey the Weaver 1x-3x is on sale right now at Midway, I just got one for my 35 Rem.

I hope you're speaking for yourself, cos you ain't speaking for me. This here is a scope free house. :wink:

Joe
Joe, I WAS speaking for you, I was trying to save you from becoming an anachronism. Scopes are a 20th century phenomenon.

At 52 I'm just entering the phase where my eyes are playing tricks on me with iron sights. It's not just the focusing thing, either. Unfortunately my dominant eye is not the one that sights. The muscular strain from this makes it difficult to stay focused (pun intended, but it's actually pretty descriptive). If I used my dominant eye I'd have to shoot right handed. If I try that there's a good chance of being a menace to aviation.

A scope is more like playing a video game, a nice pretty picture, some crosshairs and push the button. At my age I'm starting to earn the right not to do things the hard way, that's my point here. Plus the fact that Weaver 1-3x's are on sale at Midway. That's the REAL point here.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
n2t
Levergunner 2.0

Post by n2t »

Just a quick 100 yard group as I got back from the range, took a couple sighting rounds and shot this off sandbags.
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg29 ... get001.jpg
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Very cool post!

A 35 Remington, and a hairless cat.

I, too, have never seen a hairless cat. Looks almost
like an alien in one of those pics where the eyes catch
the light just right. ( No offense intended, there!)

I have a Williams peep with a firesight on my 35 Rem,
but I'm think of changing to a Skinner blade on the front.
The front bead is minute-of-deer accurate; but I like a square
post - too many years of pistol shooting!

Can't argue with your grouping, though - the combination
is definitely showing promise.

-Stretch
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Just for the lazy guys like me who would rather see the picture than have to click a link...
temporary.JPG
n2t, if you want to post them so they show directly, and don't mind using photobucket to resize them, just resize them to <1000 pixels wide/tall and insert them using their 'IMG code' option under 'share'. You'll be entering something like this in your post, only with "[" brackets instead of "{" ones...

{img}http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg29 ... 1.jpg{/img}

If you already knew that, no offense intended, but some of the other folks might not have...

ANYWAY - good shootin' 8) 8) The .35 Remington is one heck of a round - not new enough to be glitzy, and not old enough to have a hyphen, so I think it's under-appreciated by many as to the fine intermediate-power rifle round it is.

By the way - do you like that rubberized sling...? I have one and really like the way it keeps the gun from sliding off your shoulder if you're carrying other things or whatever.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I have a couple of those old 35 remmys. The 336A is fixed up with a nice older Lyman receiver sight and small gold bead front which still works fine for my aging eyes. On a newer 336 carbine with micro-groove rifling I put on a 2-7x Burris with their "ballistic-plex" reticle. Temporarily, just to test loads, you understand. That proved to be such a fine shooter fixed up that way I seem to have left it there. It's got a fair chance of being my elk rifle this year.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Temporarily, just to test loads, you understand.
"There is nothing so permanent as a temporary structure." :lol:

My place is living proof of that concept.......... :roll:

-Stretch
n2t
Levergunner 2.0

Post by n2t »

No issues on the picture tutorial, I just gave up on resizing them all and figured links worked. I'm pretty happy with this rifle at this point. I think I've found the combo I'm going to stick with, it's not boltgun, but I feel it can take game cleanly out to around 200 with the current setup. Time to get a few diff bullet types and see what it likes, I'm going to try sierra 200grn bullets next, it likes hornady 200grn ftx but I can't expand them, seems to be really inconsistent with the 180grn spear offering. If all else fails the old remington coreloc is more than enough for this round though.
csam
Levergunner

Post by csam »

What rings and at what height are you using with that setup? Talley?

Thanks!