I got BANNED from the Marlin forum!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

I got BANNED from the Marlin forum!!!!

Post by rbertalotto »

"Whad I do! Whad I Do!"

Somehow I got myself banned on the Marlin Owners forum........It must have been REALLY baaaad!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: I got BANNED from the Marlin forum!!!!

Post by Old Savage »

Well - what did you do?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

I dunno!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

You don't have to do anything to get banned at MO.

Be a good little bobble-head and you'll be welcomed with open arms.

:roll: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well don't post anything like this or mention the Winchester 336.

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Ray,

Did you use a bad word? :wink: :lol: Ok, seriously now, sometimes mods make a mistake and accidentally ban somebody. Get Blaine to ask for you if you can't write the mod/owner directly.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I got banned on the ultralight fly rod board for showing photos of a trout caught on a 5-wt. vintage bamboo fly rod.

I can see Winchester being a 4-letter word on the Marlin board.
Last edited by bdhold on Wed May 11, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JP_TX
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JP_TX »

My experience with MO is that the the Op's have a few guys that run the show. They've been their since the days when Marlin actually made Marlin's. They have deep seated and ingrained opinions that will not even bend to factual proof to the contrary. And worse, they practice the worst kind of PC speech control so the site isn't very much fun anymore. The site is now, for the most part, filled with a few old Farzz and the "444 newbie's" that quite rightly search the huge and excellent treasure trove of 444 info residing on that site. But I think the regular membership is slipping away and I doubt that the Op's know why. I've seen many old MO members on other sites where they have more freedom to express themselves.

I rarely participate anymore, though I do visit to see what's going on from time to time.
JP_TX
444 Marlin
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Maybe you said something about Winchester? :D
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

As one of the banned from that site, I can tell you that all you need to do is voice your opinon on certain subjects and refuse to follow the party line when a MOD threatens you. Heck, levergunlovers.com was founded and initally inhabited by a bunch "banned" folks. Seems we're just a bunch of outlaws that refused to be silent.

But, being banned from there isn't really that big a loss. It just gives you more time to explore other more interesting sites.
Last edited by jeepnik on Wed May 11, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Hobie wrote:Ray,

Did you use a bad word? :wink: :lol: Ok, seriously now, sometimes mods make a mistake and accidentally ban somebody. Get Blaine to ask for you if you can't write the mod/owner directly.
Blaine is back on Marlinowners? Shoot, he was one of those of us who were banned and migrated to levergunlovers.com
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
jlchucker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jlchucker »

I got banned from that site too. Let's just say that I really don't give a darn about them or the bigotted sense of humor of some that post there. They had a newbee that started off his membership by posting a string of about 20 ethnic jokes individually involving several nationalities--Irish, Polish, etc. No class at all, and no objections from any moderator. I called the guy on it and expressed my opinion which did include a bad word--and it went out for all to see, too, before they banned me. I have no regrets. Rbertalotto, their kind over there doesn't deserve you.
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

Not trying to start anything, just express my opinion. I have to respectfully disagree with the general trend of this thread. MO and this one are just about the only 2 places I frequent on the net. In my experience, the mods at MO can be most tolerant. They do occasionally come down hard on someone, but it's mostly when a post gets flagged. AT MO, the mods do correct their mistakes if the (alleged) mistakes are addressed in a diplomatic manner.

Even if I get banned at either place, I'd still lurk at both of them cuz there's just too much useful knowledge I want from them. Almost forgot--the eye candy at both places is simply too attractive to leave alone!

rimrock
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

jeepnik wrote:

Blaine is back on Marlinowners? Shoot, he was one of those of us who were banned and migrated to levergunlovers.com
I didn't know! Thought he was still there... What a shame. I guess I don't know anyone on that forum.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

rimrock wrote:Not trying to start anything, just express my opinion. I have to respectfully disagree with the general trend of this thread. MO and this one are just about the only 2 places I frequent on the net. In my experience, the mods at MO can be most tolerant. They do occasionally come down hard on someone, but it's mostly when a post gets flagged. AT MO, the mods do correct their mistakes if the (alleged) mistakes are addressed in a diplomatic manner.

Even if I get banned at either place, I'd still lurk at both of them cuz there's just too much useful knowledge I want from them. Almost forgot--the eye candy at both places is simply too attractive to leave alone!

rimrock
Well, my sin was espousing the virtues of the 45-70 over the 444. Heck, I wonder if they still have the secret, members only, gotta be invited .444 club?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Big deal--You will wake up tomorrow----tell 'em to pound sand-----------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

mouthpiece
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mouthpiece »

I wonder if they still have the secret, members only, gotta be invited .444 club?
Didn't mention the secret handshake.

You're welcome & admired here as a bada** .
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Hobie wrote:I didn't know! Thought he was still there... What a shame. I guess I don't know anyone on that forum.
I'm "there" for what it is worth.

The posts are sub-sub-divided into categories for each action and caliber and crazy stuff like that, so it's really boring and tedious to seek the few new posts that will be interesting.

I check in once in awhile to see if I have any messages, but the over-categorization of posts just turns me off. If I wanted to be that selective in what I read, I'd just use the "search" function...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

Bad word..................Nope, I never use bad words
Derided a Marlin.................Nope, I love anything named after a fish
Talked about a Winchester..................I'm not sure. I might have mentioned it when I bought a Rossi 92 in 454 Casull. Would this have done it?
Spoke bad of the moderators..............I never speak bad about anyone, including my ex wife!
Said PK's Leverguns.com is a MUCH better site with MUCH better folks and MUCH better threads?.......................We,ll maybe..............
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah! now it comes out. :shock:

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jeepnik wrote:

I'm not welcome there ever. The owner had a problem with the truth.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Different forums allow differing behavioral standards that are imposed by the owner of the forum. Lots of people knock ARF.com and say that there are lots of idiots there – which does seem true, but they don’t permit “CA-bashing”.

I nearly got banned from the Marlin forum for dressing down some guy that was selling stuff who stated in his add that if you’re from CA, he won’t do business with you (for perfectly legal goods). He was just one of those people that thinks punishing CA gun owners is appropriate because the state is awash in liberal and illegals all wanting hand-outs. To me that makes the Marlin forum rate lower than AR15.com any day of the week.

I ask the moderator (on the Marlin forum) how he would feel if a seller arbitrarily excluded people from where he lives to buy a legal product? It’s difficult to ban someone for being fair and they didn’t. I wound up leaving on my own after a while because “Marlin” is just one of many brands of lever guns that I own and I'd rather spend the time that I have on-line surfing worthy sites. The Marlin site is a better place for novice levergun fans who are in the beginning of lever gunning or Marlin-geeks who ONLY own Marlin levers and ignore all others.
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
Slick
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Slick »

Hmmm. Maybe I'll get banned here?

I just told some moron (in another thread) to go F- himself because he says our disabled vets that collect a disability benefits are "bums". Oh, and state workers that get a pension are bums too. Well I guess I'm a bum because I paid into a retirement fund for my whole career and now collect a retirement benefit.

People like that are hollow shells who have nothing because they never planned ahead and now that they are old and broke, they attack others who planned for their retirement (who are somehow the bad guys)? You almost have to almost feel sorry for idiots like that... Maybe I'll toss a couple pennies in his cup when I pass his camp-site on the sidewalk. :roll:
Politicians and diapers both require frequent changing for the EXACT same reason!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I own a couple of Marlin rifles, have visited the forum in question, and found it boring. I am still a novice, and will always be when compared to many on here, but I can still have a lot of fun here.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JBledsoe
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JBledsoe »

Marlin Owners threatened to ban me so I just left. The reason? In a post about the Hornady FTX bullets, I said they were NOT the "holy grail" of bullets and did not shoot well in all rifles. That the advantages of the FTX, in my opinion, was just marketing hype to sell bullets. It turns out that the moderator didn't think that I had a right to my own opinion.
That's OK, the Marlin forum is turning into a mutual admiration society, anyway.

txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

jeepnik wrote:
rimrock wrote:Not trying to start anything, just express my opinion. I have to respectfully disagree with the general trend of this thread. MO and this one are just about the only 2 places I frequent on the net. In my experience, the mods at MO can be most tolerant. They do occasionally come down hard on someone, but it's mostly when a post gets flagged. AT MO, the mods do correct their mistakes if the (alleged) mistakes are addressed in a diplomatic manner.

rimrock
Well, my sin was espousing the virtues of the 45-70 over the 444. Heck, I wonder if they still have the secret, members only, gotta be invited .444 club?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I remember those days.you needed the secret decoder ring to read the 444 threads.funny chit.

I remember one guy telling me I couldn't shoot cast in a marlin :lol:
DAV life member.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

piller wrote:I own a couple of Marlin rifles, have visited the forum in question, and found it boring. I am still a novice, and will always be when compared to many on here, but I can still have a lot of fun here.
Funny, but I have expressed the same opinions as you about the Hornady bullets and LE ammo, vociferously and repeatedly -- and no one has banned me from the group. Maybe it had something to do with the way you expressed your views?
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Wow, I feel kinda like a whussy! I haven't been banned anywhere (except my third wife's house). I drop by the "fish gun owners" site and I too, find it kinda boring and slow...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
JBledsoe
Levergunner 1.0

Post by JBledsoe »

Pisgah wrote:
piller wrote:I own a couple of Marlin rifles, have visited the forum in question, and found it boring. I am still a novice, and will always be when compared to many on here, but I can still have a lot of fun here.
Funny, but I have expressed the same opinions as you about the Hornady bullets and LE ammo, vociferously and repeatedly -- and no one has banned me from the group. Maybe it had something to do with the way you expressed your views?
I tried to make my point politely but the moderator took it personally when I disagreed with his info commercial. They locked the thread and were deciding whether or not to ban me. I don't know the outcome, I have not been back.

There are some great people on that forum but the some (not all) of the moderators and administrators..........
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

BlaineG wrote:
jeepnik wrote:

I'm not welcome there ever. The owner had a problem with the truth.
Gee Blaine, at least I was trying to be a little subtle. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

txpete wrote:
jeepnik wrote:

rimrock
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I remember those days.you needed the secret decoder ring to read the 444 threads.funny chit.

I remember one guy telling me I couldn't shoot cast in a marlin :lol:
Heck, there's folks at GlockTalk that think you can't shoot cast in a stock Glock barrel. But, I figure they have drank the koolaid.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

rbertalotto wrote:"Whad I do! Whad I Do!"

Somehow I got myself banned on the Marlin Owners forum........It must have been REALLY baaaad!
Did you go off and make some comment on how crappy the wood-to-metal fit has been lately?

Or how some Marlin 1895s have been found with mis-aligned sights?

How dare you point out such flaws....
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.