So where do you have your IRA?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

So where do you have your IRA?

Post by Old Savage »

Mine is with Tina, took her advice. It made about 8% last year how does that stack up with what you saw. She works with Tim Hayes Financial/Crown Capital. Tim is a good friend of mine but I would rather discuss my options with Tina.

And from the office right next to them my dental hygienist Karen - a sweetheart.

And my realtor as we are at it and top professional.

I just like to use female professionals - great results in my experience.
Last edited by Old Savage on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: So where do you have your IRA?

Post by pwl44m »

Well by this, Mine is in the wrong place.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Hey old savage, go see nadia aquino that runs the morgan stanley office off ave M. Even though I moved to utah I still have her do my 401K and ira accounts. Smart and beautifull! Her mom used to run the office when it was in lancaster. Both done me good.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Now Booger - the one thing with women - don't cross 'em. I am with Tina and not sure what she would say on that. But, I don't think I want to find out.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I don't have good luck with those things. Last quarter mine was up 8 cents not 8 percent. I also have a Roth that was up about $200.00 from where it was when I put the money in in 1998. When it's time to take it out I'll probably find the money went to the Irish Republican Army. Good thing I have guns, when I retire I at least stand a chance of getting something to eat now and then.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

They say you should not mix business with pleasure but heck, it would be a pleasure to do business with your good looking friends.. :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'm living in mine. It was sound at the time. I last looked at the balance in my 401K a year and a half ago. It was going down so fast I was afraid they were going to come to me for a loan. Maybe I should check it again?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Cimarron
Levergunner 2.0
Location: North of the Cimarron River in Indian Territory (Oklahoma)

Post by Cimarron »

Isn't Crown Capital involved in real estate mortgage banking? I just bought some municipal bonds, through my broker, rated AAA at 4.75%. Good thing about these are tax exempt federal and state which probably puts the real retun, based on my tax bracket, at around 7-8%. The stock portion of my 401k is just now where it was on December 30 2007! Again 8% seems too good to be true.
HOLY BLACK? YOU MUST MEAN PENNSYLVANIA ANTHRACITE!

"Get your guns boys! They are robbing the bank!" J.S.Allen, Sept. 7, 1876
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

who can afford to save any money nowadays......
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Cimmaron - she put it in a Hartford Mutual Fund. No telling what will happen next year.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

T. Row Price Health and Science is on fire.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

I decided to buy a 100 acre farm with mine after it started dropping a long time ago, and the government was nice enough to build a large lake next two it two years after I started paying for it. So if all else fails I can live and hunt on it (Central WV with free Natural gas) or sell it for about 5 times what I bought it for.
It is not the critic who counts
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

Mine is now setting out back, underneath the new shelter. One is called a Polaris Ranger, another is a John Deere 3220 w/ attachments. At least I can plow, grow, mow, eat and ride. The rest went towards my retirement home.

I saved for years and then watched it fall. When I retired, I was then informed that the best return I could get was around 1%. I also found out that I had to pay an additional 10% penalty because of my age. Looking back, I should have put it into a savings account.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Edward Jones. Up 4.6% in the 1st quarter of this year.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

The best I could find was 1.91%, but I had to find it fast cuz we waited till the last minute :shock:
In hind sight I wish I would have paid the extra "K" in taxes, and put the rest into gold!!
Terry
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

I prefer to do my own investing with low fee funds. Advisors and their load funds tend to eat up a lot of your money. My retirement accounts had a 14.6% return over the last year. I'm fairly risk adverse and have a number of years to retirement, so don't mind assuming a little more risk in the my retirement accounts.
Last edited by JB on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I made 22percent last year with Fidelity. this year running around 10 so far. I"m running about 8 percent at nationwide. Don't know what my agents look like, done all mine on line. Good luck with those investments.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
retmech
Levergunner 2.0

Post by retmech »

I manage my own through Vanguard, doing just fine.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Ours are mostly ING funds through Wells Fargo Investments. It was previously Wachovia, but still pays the guaranteed 11%. That's a low as it can go, despite the market fluctuations. Up a BUNCH since January. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
kkoi
Levergunner

Post by kkoi »

My IRA has been with Edward Jones for about 7 years. I retired 3 years ago, right at the start of the great depression. Although I have made monthly withdrawals, the net asset value of my IRA is higher now than when I retired. All of the Edward Jones brokers are highly trained and ethical, and the company has strict rules against highly speculative investments, investment churning, and other questionable practices. It is no exaggeration to say that Edward Jones made my retirement possible. However, my broker is not particularly photogenic.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have been retired 7 yrs and have yet to touch the IRA. Between my pension and SS there is sufficient income to be able to leave the rest to grow. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Old Savage wrote:Mine is with Tina, took her advice. It made about 8% last year how does that stack up with what you saw. She works with Tim Hayes Financial/Crown Capital. Tim is a good friend of mine but I would rather discuss my options with Tina.

Dang Fred!!! I'm glad to see all yer gals are keeping ya ABREAST of things. Especially, Tina.
ED
Yer never too old
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Raymond James, up 31 % year to date.
My broker is a great guy, if I ever get to meet any of you; I have a good story to tell.
Hobie would censor it if I told it as it happened.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

junk silver. Some eagles and a couple of Libertads and some Morgan and Peace dollars I mostly paid too much for (or at least it seemed so at the time) but mostly dimes, quarters and halves of pre-65 90% circulated money.

I started when it was at $9 per ounce.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ed - that is largely why I picked her.