Wannenmacher (Tulsa) Show revisited

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Wannenmacher (Tulsa) Show revisited

Post by Kansas Ed »

Last Sunday we trekked down to Tulsa for the show. My observations as follows:

Marlin Centerfire Levers are still the best buy of the crowd. Many there in outstanding condition worth every penny.
Marlin Lever .22's early ones holding steady, maybe slight increases.
BB94's getting harder to find. Saw a couple of 307's and a few 375's. All were $750+ No .356's
Original low end '86's are down about $300-$400. Still in the $2K range though.
1885 Single Shots are holding steady to down a little...but clean examples really tough to find.
Model 1927 Thompsons are very unavailable at the shows...and prices up $400 or more when you do.
Only 1 1886 Browning rifle at the whole show and I missed it by 5 minutes :evil:
Shiloh Sharps rifles still at $2K+ for a basic model
I think I saw a total of 3 Uberti 1876's and all in 45-75, but the prices were $1000 to $1100 like new.
Hang onto your 71's boys...nothing I saw was less than $2600
FA 83's hard to find, and you need to be careful as several were Field Grade Guns with brushed finishes tagged as Premiers. (story on that if anyone is interested).
Lots of Ballards (???)
Lots of EBR's and MilSurp.
Strangely enough I didn't see many clean Enfields there??? But lots of Mosins and Springfields and Garands.
My favorite Jerky place didn't show...so I didn't eat lunch :x
Why does everyone bring so many shotguns??? They don't sell...

Had a nice long talk with Wayne Baker. Energetic and enjoyable as ever. Joked around a lot and rehashed old times. Miriam looking well.

Any questions welcome...but i didn't look at handguns much this time unless it was FA.

Ed
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Wannenmacher (Tulsa) Show revisited

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Sounds like fun, always hope i'll make it there one of these times, did go there one year when they have the flea market. T'was interesting :)
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Thanks for the update.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I went on Sunday also, bought another NRA membership to get in the door free and at the front of the line, like I always do. I have been buying a year ever time I go, and that is twice a year, spring and fall. I bet I have 10years bought up.

The main thing I see is that these dealers are nuts, when it comes to a lot of the pricing on these guns. I didn't find a single gun in the whole place that I wanted bad enough, and I had plenty of money to spend, but I ended up going home with nothing more then a Don Hume left hand holster for a Colt 380 gov, and a book on Elmer Keith.

I am beginning to wonder if maybe I am finally at a place in my life where, I just don't get tempted by most guns for sale at these shows. Maybe I am cured, do you recond? :D
NRA Life Member, Patron
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Lastmohecken wrote:I am beginning to wonder if maybe I am finally at a place in my life where, I just don't get tempted by most guns for sale at these shows. Maybe I am cured, do you recond? :D
I hope not, for your sake. :D Gotta have some kind of drive in life.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Do you know the date for the October show? Now that I'm retired I'd like to get back and take one in! My brother isn't far away, so I have a free place to stay, and someone to go with! :)
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

marlinman93 wrote:Do you know the date for the October show? Now that I'm retired I'd like to get back and take one in! My brother isn't far away, so I have a free place to stay, and someone to go with! :)

http://tulsaarmsshow.com/frames.html

November 12 & 13. They don't have it in October anymore-got bumped from their date by a larger event.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Thanks Vance! Nov. is even better, as it wont interfere with my deer hunt!
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

MM93...let me know when you go, and if you go, ahead of time....we'll meet for a cup o Joe or iced T. Always good to put a face with a handle.

Ed
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

That would be fun Ed! Will try to arrange a trip this fall if possible, and I'll contact you if I can make it!-Vall
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Was at the show. Didn't think I was going to make it as the Flu hit Thursday. I did score a NIB 405 Win. Ruger #1 Stainless/laminated for $625 + tax. Saw a RCBS Big Max press , Sunday at lunchtime, went back an hour later, figuring it was there all day Saturday, and Sunday morning, so might get it a little cheaper, but it was gone in the hour I was wandering and deciding if I really wanted it.

Picked up some brass, and a couple of stocks I had been looking for. Didn't take alot of money, probably just would have spent it on that nice 1892 Win 38-40 I saw.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)