Quite nice

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Quite nice

Post by olyinaz »

Does this model even have the rebounding hammer? I think not, correct? And is that brass butt plate possibly correct?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =216275197

At any rate, it's just lovely I think.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Quite nice

Post by TedH »

Never seen one of those with a brass buttplate.
NRA Life Member
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

olyinaz wrote:Does this model even have the rebounding hammer? I think not, correct? And is that brass butt plate possibly correct?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =216275197

At any rate, it's just lovely I think.

Oly
Oly,
That looks to me to be an early top eject USRAC gun. Notice the beveled front edge to the locking bolt. It does not have the rebounding hammer action.

I've seen lots of pictures of BB models and not one of them had a brass but plate. I can't say for certain that is not factory original, but I sincerely doubt it is.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Sure is interesting. Has a real close shape to the hard rubber pad on my .375 BB.
Who knows, maybe they were using up some old parts. Looks like an early SN #.

Looks nice but a hefty price tag.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

J Miller wrote:Oly, That looks to me to be an early top eject USRAC gun. Notice the beveled front edge to the locking bolt. It does not have the rebounding hammer action.

I've seen lots of pictures of BB models and not one of them had a brass but plate. I can't say for certain that is not factory original, but I sincerely doubt it is.

Joe
Thanks Joe, certainly mirrors my thoughts on it. I don't have the funds or I would have to bring it home to find out for sure!

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

its nice....but not a 1100 bucks nice...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

IMO, The seller's either unconsious, or a snake oil salesman................. :roll:

While it's an early (late 78/early 79) BB94, I'd need to see the Custom Shop paperwork in order to believe the brass BP (although a nice job) is issue.

Here's a 9422 Mag the same seller has @ $850 he claims is collectible, etc, etc - and while he admits to scope mounting scratches in the receiver grooves, he ignores that fact that someone beside Winchester bored that beautiful buttstock wood for a QD sling swivel eye.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =216285475

Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

I may be wrong as my past research is dated. That early of a BB should probably have the Monte Carlo stock and the stock checkering looks totally wrong. I have never seen a brass butt plate on any model 94.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Bruce wrote:I may be wrong as my past research is dated. That early of a BB should probably have the Monte Carlo stock and the stock checkering looks totally wrong. I have never seen a brass butt plate on any model 94.
I've never seen an early 375 with a canoe paddle stock. The've all been on ones past the ca. 1983 intro of the 307 and 356 Win. Don't know about the buttplate.....sure is a nice looking rifle.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Hmmm, curiouser and curiouser...
Cheers,
Oly

Johnny Wright
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[I've never seen an early 375 with a canoe paddle stock. The've all been on ones past the ca. 1983 intro of the 307 and 356 Win.]

Yep.

rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

I really don't think the brass is original either, the shape is all wrong. But it is a nice looking rifle. For $700 it would spark some interest from me.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!