NEW Reality Show***GUNSLINGERS***

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

NEW Reality Show***GUNSLINGERS***

Post by Sixgun »

O.K. guys, here's the scoop:
There's been a new reality show in the makes for some time now of which I have been keeping quiet about. Drum roll please.............bop, bop, bop, bop.........Its going to be filmed on site at my best bud's (Tom) gunshop and shooting range, Targetmaster. http://www.targetmaster.com Gunshops across the country have been interviewed and checked out in the last year and Targetmaster won out! :D

There was a similar show last year but it was not done properly and that gunshop had nowhere near the resources Targetmaster has. Tom has 20 shooting lanes, and at least a hundred guns to rent, including full automatic fun stuff. They sell and keep in inventory most high end guns. Every model of Sig, H.K.,Browning, Glock, Rugers, 'Smiths, Colts, (just got in a load of the new Colt 1911-2011 anniversary model semi-automatics :D ) fancy over and under shotguns (I don't know much about shotguns, so I call them "fancy") Marlins, machine guns, silencers, Remingtons...blah, blah, blah... are to had there. The place is so clean, you can eat off the floor. One time, a little Skoal slipped out of my mouth, hit the floor and Tom made me get the mop bucket out and the Pine Sol. Yea, he can be "anal" at times, but it keeps idiots like me in line. There are no Bersas, Sterlings, or any cheap guns sold there, even used ones.

He even has a "dress code" that is strictly enforced and is posted throughout the business. Some of the regulations are "No excessive jewelry", "no shirts with offensive language", no baseball caps turned backwards", "no underwear that is worn as outerwear", "no underwear showing", "no head wraps of any kind" and best of all, "NO CELL PHONES". If you have alcohol or weed reeking from you, you get booted out real fast. I've seen that many times. The place is a first class operation. When a husband and wife come in to shoot, they feel safe and relaxed with no "riff-raff" shooting next to them, holding their guns sideways. :wink:

Last month Remington presented Tom with a gold inlaid Model 700 for being a "million dollar seller". The serial number is "Tommygun 4". Numbers 1,2,and 3 are on other 700's he has.

The film crew shot lots of footage on Friday and Saturday and the director (Roy---a VERY cool dude, along with his camera men :D ) feels confident that it (the show) will be a good sale, possibly to the History Channel. :D I put on a demostration using my 1873 Winchester (made in 1883) in 44 W.C.F. I was shooting at a blank cardboard silhouette when I decided to make a face, complete with eyes, nose, mouth, arms, and even a belly button. It came out near perfect and today, I'm trying to figure out how I did it.

We have all kinds of neat stuff planned, including shooting machine guns up in the mountains, an original blackpowder cannon, antique and modern leverguns, old Colts, well, lots of neat stuff you boys will enjoy. Tom insisted everything about guns is to be presented in a lawful and responsible way, but can be fun at the same time, with a focus on how this great nation became what it is-------FREE :D

Tom and I go back 40 years and I'm sure my ugly mug (not really, I'm handsome :lol: ) will be a sometimes feature, especially with the old leverguns and single actions. We will do our best to promote our great hobby and instill what keeps this nation free. :wink:

Ha! Get this! An old timer walked in yesterday and sold Targetmaster a like new Ruger old model Super Blackhawk with the rare 6 and 1/2" barrel. 600 of these were made in 1966. It came with a half box of Super X ammo. The other half of the box was the only ammo shot out of it. :D Guess who came home with that? :D Oh well, the car insurance bill can wait another week, plus, we have plenty of peanut butter to eat. A man just has to set his priorities right. :D

I'll keep you boys informed of any progress. I think the "wheels of Hollywood" operate slowly but I'll let you all know.--------------------------Sixgun

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: NEW Reality Show***GUNSLINGERS***

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

OMG, you may be exposed to the public on TV? That should prove interesting. :wink:

There's also that new series "Sons of Guns" coming on Discover on 1/26 (Wed) at 9pm Eastern. Not really sure that that's all about.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Too bad that Target Master place is so far away. Sounds like a place I'd like to check out.

I haven't seen any of those old Winchester Lubaloy .44 SWCs in decades.
I wish Winchester would make some like that in the .45 Colt. Only not as hot.

I also wish I could watch that show when it comes on. But I suppose it will be on cable.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Maybe we should charter a bus and just travel around the country for a month or so going from range to range to see if we can find a better place.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sixgun, you better make sure the FCC will allow an ugly Italian-American on public TV before your feelers get hurt. :D Sorry, you're so self-depricating I just had to give you a little hard time.

Seriously, that's cool.
Old Law Dawg
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Ok, I want to be first in line. Sixgun, can I have your autograph! :D
Ricky

DWWC
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

RKrodle wrote:Ok, I want to be first in line. Sixgun, can I have your autograph! :D
I'd like to ask you sign the grips on one of your nicer SAA's and send it to me. :D Come on guys, if you don't ask he won't know. :mrgreen:
Old Law Dawg
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sounds cool. Hope you didn't have to pay any money to get on camera...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Sounds like a great shop.
Cool with the filming tv stuff.

That is an awesome Super Blackhawk!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

You know something? I'm not so sure I want to get involved. I'm just a peon factory worker and I really don't like the added attention. I have always liked to keep things simple, you know, go to gunshows, shoot cast bullets out of old guns and hang out here. Its the only game I play. Life is complicated enough without all of the bs. It ain't gonna change my life any. I'm still gonna have to get up at 5 am and deal with the corporate world. I told my bud this but he's an attention guy--most likely the bucks its gonna bring him. He tells me to "go with the flow", as he needs me, but any change in my simple routine brings out the "angry". :evil:

The way I see it is that my time, energy, and knowledge will be used to make others more wealthy and in the end, I'll still be a peon.

decisions, I just don't know yet.-----------I like hanging out here more :) ----------Sixgun

Law Dawg--whats the pic in your avatar?

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Aw com'n Jack, you know we're just dyin' to be able to say, "we knew 'im when he was a nobody like us!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Do like yer buddy sez, who knows, you just might end up on "Top Shots"!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Dude, it's a picture of an old cabin up in the Cascade Mountains of Washington during winter. Thought it was a rather reminiscent shot of the old and cool.
Old Law Dawg
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

kimwcook wrote:Dude, it's a picture of an old cabin up in the Cascade Mountains of Washington during winter. Thought it was a rather reminiscent shot of the old and cool.

ok, Thats what I thought. I did not want to make an azz out of myself. THATS the way I would want to spend the rest of my days---away from all the bs----------Sixgun

olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

I look forward to the show and I hope that you participate. Your pal is right about why a show like this needs to be done right.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sounds interesting. The more positive gun-related shows the better. Hopefully Hollyweird figures this out. Keep us up on the details Sixgun!!! :D
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I agree with YK. I think for whatever reason the last couple of years has given the shooting community a great opportunity. I understand your feelings Sixgun as I would be apprehensive also. You have a lot to think about but there is little question that both you and your friend would represent the shooting sports well.

P.S.
You gotta be the luckiest guy I ever heard of.

Good Luck!
OldWin
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm sure anticipating seeing this show! Sounds like just my style.

M. M.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

:shock: Sixgun on tv....are you sure this is a reality show....or a comedy! :wink:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Did you ever think that having to tell someone not to wear underwear as outerwear would have to be part of a dress code??? :cry:

Sounds great, hope to catch it on the tube when it airs.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Six, if you do the "talking and showing" you know it will be RIGHT, if you leave it to TV guys , what do you think will happen? They will be talking about 1890 cowboys using 44 magnums instead of 44wcf, cause they don't know the difference. You have an opportunity to help people know the real truth. You've been collecting this information and products for what 50 years? I mean do you know ANYBODY ELSE who has shot one scartridge out of a box of ammo every year for for decades to see if it degrades? I do understand your point and I am ribbing you a little, I just think with your knolwledge base you would be a true asset to any show. On the other hand I'm not sure I'd watch anything that let you on camera :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .

A person who you have befriended and shared your knowledge with. Tom

PS you gotta do what you gotta do.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

fordwannabe wrote:Six, if you do the "talking and showing" you know it will be RIGHT, if you leave it to TV guys , what do you think will happen? They will be talking about 1890 cowboys using 44 magnums instead of 44wcf, cause they don't know the difference. You have an opportunity to help people know the real truth. You've been collecting this information and products for what 50 years? I mean do you know ANYBODY ELSE who has shot one scartridge out of a box of ammo every year for for decades to see if it degrades? I do understand your point and I am ribbing you a little, I just think with your knolwledge base you would be a true asset to any show. On the other hand I'm not sure I'd watch anything that let you on camera :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
A person who you have befriended and shared your knowledge with. Tom
PS you gotta do what you gotta do.
Tom,
Your right and I discussed this with Tom. (owner of TM) There's a lot of neat stuff I would like to bring to the show (if it becomes a reality :D ) I thought a day at the cowboy silhouette match would be neat. A day upstate in the mountains shooting single action Colts to full auto's would get some attention! Even a part with bullet casting or reloading. Then there's the buffalo matches held up in Mainville & Hamburg. I'm just touching a few that come to mind. With what we do here in Pennsylvania, we could have a very interesting season for all people, not just gun guys.

But I see some headaches trying to persuade Hollywood as they know more about guns than we do. :lol: I plan on doing my part in keeping the story lines as interesting as possible. The way I see it they need me more than I need them. So.........stay tuned for some fun times ahead :D ------------Sixgun

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

:? :? :? - I DON'T TRUST the 'media' - :? :? :?

Before it actually hits the airwaves/cable, some mid-level urban anti-gun pansy will creatively edit the footage to show as many of the shooters as possible as 'crazies' and fringe-types, just to 'sensationalize' it for better ratings. They just can't resist adding that spin at the last minute... :|

I hope my concerns are not validated by what happens, but I've seen it before, MANY times... :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

AJMD429 wrote::? :? :? - I DON'T TRUST the 'media' - :? :? :?
Before it actually hits the airwaves/cable, some mid-level urban anti-gun pansy will creatively edit the footage to show as many of the shooters as possible as 'crazies' and fringe-types, just to 'sensationalize' it for better ratings. They just can't resist adding that spin at the last minute... :|
I hope my concerns are not validated by what happens, but I've seen it before, MANY times... :evil:
I don't see that with "Top Shots", I think they've come across a bit even-handed, maybe spiked the drama a bit... but all-in-all, fairly even-handed. I hope for even more in new season. If this was going to be a "big 3" network show... you'd probably be right. But if it airs on a cable network like Outdoor or History or such, probably not real likely.

Then again, maybe I'm in fantasy land! :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jack I KNOW they need you more than you need them. No doubt in my mind, I just hope they know it too.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.