OT- muzzle loader purchase

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
old06
Levergunner 1.0

OT- muzzle loader purchase

Post by old06 »

In the next few days I’ll be spring for a new 50 cal here are my choices CVA Kodiak blue for 120.00, CVA Optima Elite for 150.00 and a Thompson Center triumph for 225.00. All are new there clearing then out of Wal Mart I like the Optima but don’t know any one that has any of them I listed any insight would be help full
Psalm 16:1 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

The Optima you can get centerfire rifle barrels for it.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

The Optima Pro offers the interchangable barrel, the standard Optima does not.

I have the Kodiak for about 5 years. It is the most accurate MZLDR, and most reliable in a variety of conditions including rain and snow. I've had two different bolt action type CVA's, the TC 7 and a Traditions.

Mine prefers 3 50g 777 pellets with a 245gr Powerbelt. This combo will group 1" at 100 yds off the bench. With the 295gr Powebelt the group opens to 1 3/4". That is about average for any of the other sabot bullets too, but I have not yet tried any of the all copper ones.
old06
Levergunner 1.0

Post by old06 »

86er wrote:The Optima Pro offers the interchangable barrel, the standard Optima does not.

I have the Kodiak for about 5 years. It is the most accurate MZLDR, and most reliable in a variety of conditions including rain and snow. I've had two different bolt action type CVA's, the TC 7 and a Traditions.

Mine prefers 3 50g 777 pellets with a 245gr Powerbelt. This combo will group 1" at 100 yds off the bench. With the 295gr Powebelt the group opens to 1 3/4". That is about average for any of the other sabot bullets too, but I have not yet tried any of the all copper ones.

I just looked at the CVA site and it says its the Elite is the one that will take a center fire barrels I have no need for that as of now but its a plus
it seems like a good deal on the Kodiak for just 120 I could stand to save a few bucks on the deal
old06
Levergunner 1.0

Post by old06 »

old06 wrote:
86er wrote:The Optima Pro offers the interchangable barrel, the standard Optima does not.

I should have read the full catalog first the Pro does indeed take a center fire barrel to sorry about that

I just looked at the CVA site and it says its the Elite is the one that will take a center fire barrels I have no need for that as of now but its a plus
it seems like a good deal on the Kodiak for just 120 I could stand to save a few bucks on the deal