Marlins & Vintage Glass

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Marlins & Vintage Glass

Post by Swampman »

I did some scope installations today....I'd like to find some K3s but they are more expensive.

.444 rifle made in 1997. With late 1960s era Weaver K4 made in Elpaso, TX. Leupold mounts. I don't care for the mounts but they were free.

.45-70 1895 Made in 1972 (first year) with late 1960s era Weaver K4 made in Elpaso, TX in Weaver low Tip-off Mounts.

336 in .35 Remington. Early Bushnell Banner 2.5X20 scope in Weaver low Tip-off mounts. The .35 was hard to find. It's a nail driver.

"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I worked at Weaver for 5 years, that style of K-4 covered more years than you infer, if you read what is stamped on the scope, I may be able to narrow it down
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

The one on the .45-70 is marked K4 60-C and it has standard crosshairs. I paid $20.00 and it came with the Weaver rings.

The one on the .444 is a K4 60-B and it has a post/crosshair reticule. I traded a Barska that I really didn't have much in, and an older Bushnell Banner II for it.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Later I will post pics of the 35 Rem 336 with target but for the moment the wife and buddy are taking me to the El Gordo room for Mex.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...