OT sorta - 255gr keith style bullets for .44 sp/mag

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

OT sorta - 255gr keith style bullets for .44 sp/mag

Post by rjohns94 »

Are the bullets offered at Midway, .430 - 255gr - three lube bands - a suitable rendition of the keith syle bullet? thought keith bullets were .429, had sharper cutting edges and such. If not, where can get em without pouring some. (I plan to do that, but not at the moment) thanks
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I don't know about the ones from Midway. But I have used and can vouch for Black River Bullets; http://www.blackriverbullet.com/ .
He specializes in Keith bullets and they are pretty darn good.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thanks, just what I was looking for.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Mt. Baldy Bullets also produces a great product and ships in a USPS flat rate box.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Beartooth also offers Keith style .44's.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

KEWL. I love choices!!!!! Thanks. Will get some ordered in.
Mike Johnson,

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Don't know what you were wanting to shoot them in, BUT, the original Keith Lyman bullet is too long to feed in my Browning 92 in magnum cases. It feeds fine when loaded in 44 spl cases. Best try feeding a few loads before loading a lot if they're for a lever gun.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I hade the same results as Malamute with the Lyman mold. The lighter Lee keith type bullet works in the .44mag and I have the Ranch Dog mold that is for the .44 but not a Keith type, but a fine bullet. :wink:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

will use them in the .44 special and .44 mag revolvers I currently have and my 1894P. It feeds 310 grain bullets well. I hope the 250gr keith works well in all three, even though I am trying to sell one of the revolvers for upcoming mission trips
Mike Johnson,