?? for Waco area members

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
greasy dan
Levergunner 2.0

?? for Waco area members

Post by greasy dan »

You guys are my Eyes and Ears to the World, with vast amounts of knowledge of things I never dream of. So, here's the question.
Do any of you know an "honest" mechanic in the Waco, TX area.??
My baby is still in school at Baylor, and needs the rear brakes replaced on her 20-year-old Ford. If she were at home, I could do it myself.
Any help here friends..??
Thanks.
John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Winchesters. I'm a kid again.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: ?? for Waco area members

Post by C. Cash »

btt
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

PM rangerider7.....he is fairly close to Waco....at least by Texas standards and he is an honorable man....maybe he has a suggestion...

rick
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

If I was in the area I would do it for ya. Since I am not I will send this BTT.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The more we go 'Argentinian' in our economy and social/political structure, the more we all need 'contacts' in all the vital parts of the society: law enforcement, car mechanics, health care, zoning/inspection/permit officials, and so on.

Otherwise, there's no way to cut through the red-tape and obscene mark-ups in nearly EVERY area these days. (The labwork I can pay $150 to get on an employee or family member would cost $1,200 at the local 'non-profit' hospital, and that's due to government 'cost-control' regulations, ironically. I'm prohibited legally from doing that for patients, because to get around such things would reduce the demand for over-priced, employer-provided, health insurance... :evil: )

Keep trying to find someone who will do right for you kid....

....how about contacting someone in that city who would go to your same church, or be in your profession; they could at least recommend someone hopefully not a ripoff-artist.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

I've been out of the area for 7 yrs but I have a friend who's both local and a mechanic (heavy dozer, etc) but he would know, if anyone.

Give me a day or two, I'll get the word.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

PM BrianSH since he lives there, too. If she would willing to come 2 hours North, I have a great mechanic here in Red Oak. He does it in his shop and due to the overhead, doesn't take credit cards.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

Freddy Kish is a little on the high side price wise, but he has a solid reputation.

He's between the "ROOM STORE" furniture and PetsMart. on Franklin Ave. Get off of hwy 6, and head west on the service road paralleling hwy 84. the Richland Mall is at 84 and 6.

Further down that road next to Buffalo Wild Wings is another place MJ (?) Automotive. they are on the other side of 84 on the Lowe's side of the street, not the WalMart side. This means its between "New Road" and "Valley Mills".

If she let's her fingers do the walking, she can find other "tire and brake" specialty shops, like NTB (Nat'l Tire and brake).

Brian
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Dan....got to thinking....there is a very large Tech School in Waco....Texas State Technical Institute....they have a Master Mechanics Program that is really top notch. I bet a call to the headman would provide a couple of top notch mechanics in the Waco area....just a thought....

rick
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

jumbeaux wrote:Dan....got to thinking....there is a very large Tech School in Waco....Texas State Technical Institute....they have a Master Mechanics Program that is really top notch. I bet a call to the headman would provide a couple of top notch mechanics in the Waco area....just a thought....

rick
I forgot about that. My BIL went there. They may even have a school shop. If I find out for sure I'll let you know.

I'd offer to change them for her but I doubt you want her driving very far on bad brake and I'm about 3 hours away. I know what it's like to have kiddo way off where you can't help them much.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

There's a biz here in Austin that is mobile and comes to your house and does brake jobs. Call them and see if they go to Waco. A running buddy of mine (and fellow leverhunter) swears by them.

http://www.fastbrake.com/

There's a $20 coupon on the site, as well.

Scott
greasy dan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by greasy dan »

Thanks for all the QUICK replies.
I just sent an email to the daughter containing this Post.
Since she is on the ground there in Waco, I will let her sort it out.

Thanks again.
John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Winchesters. I'm a kid again.
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

I just heard on the radio an ad for a place called "Just Brakes". I've been hearing their radio ads for years and did not remember to mention them earlier. Cannot vouch for them as I never had any work done.

I'v got 185,000 on my Gran Prix, and I'm still on the original brake set. - Brian