Reloading Vid: My Hero!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Reloading Vid: My Hero!

Post by LeverBar »

Normally, I don't cut and paste just for the heck of it, but this guy really knows his stuff.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=98I1i8Toj8E&feature=related
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

:lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Yup , Thats the way I do it!! :D
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

This is the second time I've seen this video, & I might be just a little dense, but I don't get it. Is this just a feeble attempt at humor? I'm not laughing. And I don't think I lack a sense of humor. Is this a subtle, (or not so subtle) slam at people who reload their own ammo, or firearms enthusiasts in general? Or could it be a sarcastic warning to people who are thinking of doing, this to get as well prepared as they can be before they start, or BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN? I just don't know what to make of it, I'm sorry. Maybe somebody can help me out here. Thanx, jd45
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

That's pretty much how I load them.

Though, his finished cartridge looks better than mine.
LeverBar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by LeverBar »

Scott, I'd guess the looks of yours won't matter too much. It's the size of hammer you test them with that makes the biggest impression.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

jd45 wrote:This is the second time I've seen this video, & I might be just a little dense, but I don't get it. Is this just a feeble attempt at humor? I'm not laughing. And I don't think I lack a sense of humor. Is this a subtle, (or not so subtle) slam at people who reload their own ammo, or firearms enthusiasts in general? Or could it be a sarcastic warning to people who are thinking of doing, this to get as well prepared as they can be before they start, or BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN? I just don't know what to make of it, I'm sorry. Maybe somebody can help me out here. Thanx, jd45
Look at his bench and his bookshelf. He's been reloading for a while. I think it is an attempt at humor and he's more than a bit sarcastic. I thought it was funny.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

+1 :D :D :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Hobie wrote:
jd45 wrote:This is the second time I've seen this video, & I might be just a little dense, but I don't get it. Is this just a feeble attempt at humor? I'm not laughing. And I don't think I lack a sense of humor. Is this a subtle, (or not so subtle) slam at people who reload their own ammo, or firearms enthusiasts in general? Or could it be a sarcastic warning to people who are thinking of doing, this to get as well prepared as they can be before they start, or BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN? I just don't know what to make of it, I'm sorry. Maybe somebody can help me out here. Thanx, jd45
Look at his bench and his bookshelf. He's been reloading for a while. I think it is an attempt at humor and he's more than a bit sarcastic. I thought it was funny.
Ditto.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

+a bunch :D Doug
a armed man is his own master
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That was a good chuckle. :lol:
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

I share the range with a guy who loads his 45 ammo that way. :shock:
At least we all think thats how he's doing it.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Thanx for the enlightenment, guys. jd45
omgb
Levergunner

Post by omgb »

jd45 wrote:This is the second time I've seen this video, & I might be just a little dense, but I don't get it. Is this just a feeble attempt at humor? I'm not laughing. And I don't think I lack a sense of humor. Is this a subtle, (or not so subtle) slam at people who reload their own ammo, or firearms enthusiasts in general? Or could it be a sarcastic warning to people who are thinking of doing, this to get as well prepared as they can be before they start, or BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN? I just don't know what to make of it, I'm sorry. Maybe somebody can help me out here. Thanks, jd45
I believe it is an attempt at sarcasm; From the " You teach correct behavior by mocking incorrect behavior" school of teaching. The presentation is rife with hyperbole, so much so that it is obvious that this is not the way to do things. Admittedly, it's not my cup of tea as it strikes too close to home. I have seen guys who were really like that unbelievable as it may seem. Anyway, to answer your question .... yup, it's supposed to be funny.
R. J. Talley
Madison Fellow, NRA Member, CDFG Hunter Ed. , Quail Unlimited
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

You and me both. I just don't think reloading is a laughing matter. If you are a reloader, its funny but...........if your not, this video could be priming unknowledgable people into supporting probable upcoming laws regarding our hobby.----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD