What is the meanest critter pound for pound.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Re: What is the meanest critter pound for pound.

Post by KCSO »

Having delt with them and seeing them soak up lead... here in the States Wolverine hands down. BUT a methed up doper comes a close second.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Jacko wrote:Jeez Waz, how could I forget Dropbears :oops: :oops: their why convertible's are rare in Australia

regards Jacko
Whassa Dropbear? :?
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Dropbear (Koalas Droppii v. terroraustralis): unusually large, vicious, carnivorous koalas that inhabit treetops and attack their prey by dropping onto their heads from above.

RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Are those drop bears any kin to our Southwestern US Bushbat. The Bushbat is so quick it can eat the meat off the bones of an animal, or human, so fast that it leaves the blood suspended in mid air.
Ricky

DWWC
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

RKrodle wrote:Are those drop bears any kin to our Southwestern US Bushbat. The Bushbat is so quick it can eat the meat off the bones of an animal, or human, so fast that it leaves the blood suspended in mid air.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that they evolved from a common ancestor.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Darned Dropbear sounds frightening. But I've heard tell these critters can skewer you in a heart beat.

Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

jeepnik wrote:Darned Dropbear sounds frightening. But I've heard tell these critters can skewer you in a heart beat.

Just the sight of one of them critters makes my heart race with terror!!

I have it on good authority from a Hunkpappa named Little Big Man that Custer and his Bluebellies didn't get rubbed out by the Sioux, Cheyenne and Arapahoe up on the Greasy Grass. LBM told me that Custer had been taking a break from Injun huntin' by doing a little jackalope hunting. Custer wounded a big bull jackalope and a big herd stampeded right over Custer and his troops and just gobbled them up in a matter of minutes.

i recollect back in the early Fall of 1878, I was prospecting in the Uncomphagre Country. I'd been out since grass greened up and supplies were running low.

One afternoon I was doing a little meat hunting when I spied a good sized herd of jackalopes about two miles away. I spotted the herd bull sitting on a little rise about 200 yards out from the herd. The ground was too open and lacking in cover to stalk any closer so I decided to try a shot anyway. I had confidence that my old Model 1873 Winchester could make the shot since I once bagged running sparrow with it at a range of four and one-half miles.

I guess I must have misjudged the range cause the bullet hit the ground a good six hundred yards short of the jackalope.

At the sound of the shot, that big bull jackalope jumped 18 feet straight up in the air and spun around facing me in mid air. When he hit the ground, he hit it running, straight at me. With that whole herd of jackalope following and closing in on me.

I'll tell you boys, I was some shook.

I worked the lever and tried another shot at the herd bull, hoping to turn the herd. That rascal was moving so fast I saw the bullet hit the ground a good four hundred yards behind him.

Correcting my aim and increasing my lead, I fired another shot. This time I saw the bullet ricochet off a rock some ten of fifteen yards ahead of him. By that time the sound of those horns clicking together was sounding like a kid running along a picket fence with a stick, and the sound of those thousands of paws slapping the ground sounded like thunder.

I tell you boys, I was some kinda slick handling a lever-gun in those days, but before I could get another shot off those jackalopes were all over me.

Goring me with those sharp little horns, scratching me with those vicious claws, and biting me with those big old rabbity teeth. Them dadburned vicious varmints went on and killed me, et me too, right there on a hillside about 90 miles from Colorado Springs

Every blesed word of that is true, so help me BarryO.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

I always thought it was the wolverine until I saw a documentary on the Tasmanian Devil. The young after being weaned eat their mother.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Well Doc, that musta been a harrowing experience. Glad you didn't survive to tell us about it. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
dave in maine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dave in maine »

sorry guys it's my ex wifes lawyer she gutted me with a pen and paper.
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

Fair suck of the sav, gotta be the drop-bear without a doubt!! they love Bundi
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Cornered bobcat. It is said that while a mountain lion would certainly win in this contest (mass/power/strength)--ultimately--it wouldn't want and likely wouldn't bother to try. Too high a toll paid. Tie or close second, badger.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

NOT GUILTY
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

I should add one thing to this post, most of us are scared of something, for it seems like a very bad critter be it myth or truth it freaks us out. For me it is Hornets/ Wasps they just hate me or I hate them. I don't have many snakes here but have picked up a big rattler once as for some reason I do not fear them, never bothered me but freaked my best friend out the guy who holds hornets in such a way they cant sting him, I got even that day with the snake.
But I will still say a shrew is one tuff little bugger and they eat meat!
I was face to face one very dark night with a shrew. I got out of the camper after dinner to hang and skin my deer,a small Mule deer buck I shot at the last light of legal time.When a Shrew ran out from under it and gave me the eye and a sqeek too. My .375 was lying across the hood of the truck but my ammo was inside the truck scary stuff!
I have had Wolves come as close as 20 yds and even howl wish I had it on film and a Grizz give me the eye wile he ate a dead Big Horn he dug up out of the snow.But them Shrews are tough I could hear them fighting over the scrapes of meat that night sqeek here and there then nothing creepy suff and a true story.1/2 ounce of mean nasty mean critter. Your laughing at me but it's true!!!
Of course I got Badger tales to tell too I was trying to impress this girl once ah never mind a long story and my wife aka the ''Shrew'' would not like it. :lol:
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Hamster
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

OJ wrote:

[/img]

NOT GUILTY
OJ,
I believe you!

He looks like a regular cuddle-bum.

But I wouldn't want to break bad on you with that big fellow around, those sweet good natured fellows can be downright dangerous when aroussed to anger.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Image Image
UNITE!
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I just remembered something I read decades ago in a National Geographic article on sharks.

As i remember it the female Tiger Shark invariably gives birth to tow pups, one male and one female. The females have two uteruses. In each uterus severl embryos develop. males in one uterus, females in the other.

In each uterus, the strongest fetus kills and eats it's smaller, weaker siblings before birth! Thus only one fetus of each sex develops fully and is born live.

If that ain't a shore 'nuff bad critter, I don't know what is, and would not want to meet either a Tiger Shark or any critter that was meaner.

Image Image
UNITE!
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Pound for pound that I might deal with is a grizzly. Theres just so many pounds and a grizzly mother is a fearsome creature.