OT - this may bring a little lump to the throat

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

OT - this may bring a little lump to the throat

Post by shooter »

We need more people to have this much respect.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/austinkvue- ... m-20738426
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT - this may bring a little lump to the throat

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Yep, monster lump in my throat right now. Thank you for sharing!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I really hope a little wave of good fortune will befall this man and his 2 cats soon ---- such a simple act, but then again, such a huge and symbolic act at the same time !

That guy rocks !
----- Doug
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Little lump my eye! It's funny how people that have the least appreciate this county the most sometimes.

One night during the rescue efforts at the Murrow building, the team I was on found a torn, and battered U.S. flag in the rubble. It wasn't a standard flag, it had gold "fringe" around the edges that was torn loose in several places. We gently removed it from under the debris and folded it the best we could. As team leader I was given the flag to protect until our shift was over, it went inside my coat as it was raining on us. We had no way of knowing which office area it came from, that building was a mess.

As we were leaving the work area then Governor Frank Keating, a former FBI agent, was at the end of the end of the exit path thanking all the workers for their efforts, this was at about 0200hrs. I handed him the flag and asked him if he could see to it that it was properly retired. He asked which section of the building we had found it in so we pointed out the general area where we found it. His eyes filled with tears and he put the flag inside his jacket, assured us the flag would be well cared for and hugged us all and shaked our hands.

I happen to know this flag resided in the Governor's office inside a glass case with a picture of the Murrow building for the rest of his term and he still has posession of it now.

First time I've ever told anyone about that flag.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Can't see to well right now, God Bless Him.