God News - Carry Class

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

God News - Carry Class

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Earlier this year Iowa passed a new "Shall Issue" carry law. Something long over due IMO and it shall be instated on Jan 1. Well I had a call from a neighbor and occasional hunting partner yesterday. It seems that the required class is described as such in the new law: (paraphrasing) A person has only to take a handgun safety course by a NRA instructor, or a course by a LE agency, or received training in the military or be in law enforcement. No stipulations on the course what so ever or when you received the training. So learning this, my neighbor has contacted the NRA and is having an instructor come to his house and put on a 4 hour class. Cost will be $50 and there will be no range time. Under the new law no qualifying is necessary and this class will meet the guidelines for the law. To say the least, both the wife and I are signed up.

To tell the truth I'm shocked that the new law is so vague and has so little requirements. Iowa went from being one of the hardest to get carry permits to one of the easiest in the blink of an eye.

BTW, new law is good for open or concealed and the are reciprocating all permits from other states.

Today is a happy day.

LK
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: God News - Carry Class

Post by O.S.O.K. »

That is God news :P

Seriously, my daughter and soon to be husband are moving to Iowa City soon. My in-laws live in CR and one of my brothers lives in Dubuque - so now I can "legally" carry there when I visit.

It always confounded me that Iowa, which is basically a very conservative state would have such libtard laws.

Sorry - not to make this a political thread, just the way I see it.

Congrats!!
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
zack coyote
Levergunner 1.0

Post by zack coyote »

My wife and I had ten hours of classroom and shooting at an indoor range to get our CCL. We shot 100 rounds, and were scored on the results. I'm happy for you, but I like our system better, it may cut out some deadwood.
We'll be remembered for what we've done, not what we have.
www.johndietzstudio.com
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

When the heck is New York State going to pass a shall carry law?
The mess their in everyone(well not everyone) should be able to be packing to protect them and their's. :roll:
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Sounds a lot like utah where we live. We moved here in febuary 2005. I went for my permit and was also surprised that there was no range time. I was all ready to shoot. I did have to qualify on my job for 35 years prior. Besides getting fingerprinted and a background check the class was just listening to a 4 hour philibuster on safety and the laws involved.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Wisconsin needs a new govenor , to get concealed carry passed. The present govenor is not running for reelection so we'll see what we get this fall.
Hankster
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Hankster »

Missouri requires range time as well. Now, here, it differs from Class (instructor) to class, as to HOW MANY rounds. Law SAYS 50 practice, 20 "qualifiers".. and says you need to show safety etc with BOTH a revolver and a Semi auto. Some make you "show by handling", the safety part, and you shoot 70 with whatever you choose. The guy I went to takes it a step further... you show safety with both, THEN you have to shoot 70 with BOTH types!! 140 rds total! Now this I wasn't expecting, BUT, I must have been "pumped" that day.... 140/140!! The kid was hot! LOL!!! That and the Colt Diamondback he loaned me (not expecting to need to shoot a revolver, I only took my CZ75) for the revolver part was SWEET!! Nothing like a well tuned Quality gun!

BenT.. I don't understand the last few holdouts (states) on this.. it's PROVEN CCW drops crime.... other than Libs wanting to PROTECT their voters (CRIMINALS! yes. I MEANT it! ) WHAT is their reason for justifying such a STUPID stance???
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Its all about control...
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I still wish Illinois would wise up. I'd sure give Chicago to anyone, just for the asking. Strange, I'll be able to carry in all the surrounding states on my Florida permit, but not here. :(
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good for you :D As far as I'm concerned, ALL of the states should be like like it is here in Pennsylvania----pay your $46---they check you out and as long as you have not been stupid, you get a call to come pick it up. Its good for 5 years.

While some may say there is a concern for classroom instruction, the way I see it is that everyone who wants a permit is a "gun person" already and gun people, unlike the "others", have an IQ that is a step above a corn stalk that the "others" always seem to have.

I don't know anyone (in my circle of friends) who does NOT have a carry permit. :D --------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

WY is an OC state, but if you want to pay the State Tax to carry in the winter (just in case your coat covers your sidearm) or want to protect the sensabilities of the Hippies during the summer, all you have to do is get printed, flash your DD214 and pay your Tax... every 5 years.

In Indiana all you had to do was pay your Tax. Once.

But in both cases they have you on the Tax Rolls (no, no no, it is NOT a Gun Registration database... it's a Fee Payment Record... :roll: )
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!