OT- These were not high fenced breed and raised.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

OT- These were not high fenced breed and raised.

Post by rangerider7 »

"That'll Be The Day"
lthardman
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT- These were not high fenced breed and raised.

Post by lthardman »

I once visited that museum while on a business trip. Very cool. As I remember, it was housed in a brewery, but that may also be why my recollection is foggy. I think they had one that had over 100 points!!! (I think they also said the buck was suffering from some kind of disease, though. And, I think they also had a nice eight point doe.)
"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." - Bryan Adams
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

114 points.
now-defunct Lone Star Brewery, then bought out by the now defunct Pearl brewery which is now the San Antonio Brewing Association.
and the old Lone Star brewery property has been renovated into condos for the San Antonio downtown urban lifestyle.

First time I went there I was 8 y-o
The Buckhorn Hall of Horns and Saloon, however, has been moved to the Hyatt on the Riverwalk
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/TX-BuckhornSaloon.html
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

Now don't go and tell me the Buckhorn location has closed. :evil:

I went there quite often when I was in the Army going through medical training at Sam Houston. We were only supossed to get a few beers at the military price, but they managed not to count too well. That was a very good beer BTW. Long Necks as I recall.

The River Walk helped me pick up quite a few memories. :D There was another place called the Time Out Club. If you went there, you don't need to hear my stories, as you have your own.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

rangerider7 wrote:Image
living too close to a nuclear plant out flow? 8)
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

I know it may sound foolish but they are true trophies including the smallest one. As you have stated they were not behind a high fence, fed a scientifically engineered mixture to ensure maximum antler growth. I sometimes believe this big quest for antlers will be the downfall of hunting in this country.