Ruger Old Army. New to me..loads?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
k8vf
Levergunner

Ruger Old Army. New to me..loads?

Post by k8vf »

Just picked up a stainless old army ...looks good, never fired it seems.

Any ideas on loads for it?

Thanks, MArk
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Ruger Old Army. New to me..loads?

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'll buy it from you... :wink: :? :wink:

The Best of Ed Harris - everything you ever wanted to know about ROA loads, but didn't know how to Google... :oops:

(Someone else just bought a ROA... Grizz?... I forgot to post this for you too... Sorry.)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpos ... stcount=34 :mrgreen:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

Ed Harris has it well covered but since he posted that info Dick Dastardly brought out the Big Lube bullet series, including one for the ROA.
These are very accurate, easy to load and don't need wads or extra grease. A 6-cavity mould can be got from Dick at
http://www.biglube.com/ but if you just want a trial batch this guy sells them http://hstrial-mwhyte2.homestead.com/untitled2.html
Unless I missed it Ed doesn't mention caps.After trying every make and size I could find I settled on Remington #11s. In 12 years of CAS competition with a pair of ROA's I have never had one misfire, fall off or jam the gun.
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Good morning
And just for fun 30 grains of 2F with any wad you desire under a .455+ pure lead RB... Accurate out of my OA´s and would be deadly on any 250 pound critter up close (under 30 yards).
I put a dobber of 50-50 beeswax and olive oil (55-45 in hotter weather) on top of the ball. I just smear some in there.
Them bullets are real mashers on corn munchers up close. But anymore I just shoot RB.
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats! These are awesome sixguns!!!