The first Panzer...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

The first Panzer...

Post by Ray Newman »

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Re: The first Panzer...

Post by Bruce Scott »

They were not exactly a roaring success.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Looks sorta like and reminds on of a land-bound version of the C.S.S. Virginia. Under-armored. Underpowered. Under-gunned. And too blasted slow!
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Looks like something from a Monty Python skit...
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Yeah, but it kept the boolits out.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Nicknack
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Nicknack »

Mephisto A7V preserved in Brisbane Australia just 20 minutes drive to see it from my place.

Brisbane Australia has the only WW1 German Tank left in the World A7V Mephisto Allegedly from what I'm told the Germans wanted to borrow Mephisto to measure her dimensions and swap a German tank from the 2nd WW while on loan, but we said no way, you can come over to Australia and measure Mephisto here, and now the Germans have a copy and we still have our war prize!
"MEPHISTO" was disabled during an attack by 14 A7Vs at Villers-Bretonneaux in April 1918. The vehicle was recovered by Aussie diggers from the 26th Battalion & claimed as a war trophy.
"Mephisto" was a female converted into a male,Lucky Aussies bring all sorts of sh*t back from wars and like the Americans were not so quick to destroy some war prizes like the Luftwaffe aircraft from WWII, you have some amazing aeroplanes that they bought back.
Arado 234 jet bomber, Dornier 335 Arrow, Horton flying wing, Heinkel 219 Owl,Focke Wulf 190D13 & the D9, Focke Wulf TA152H, Junkers JU 388
This link you may find interesting it's more photos of Mephisto in Brisbane
http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/peter_battle/a7v/

Regard Dallas Brisbane
It's dead easy to die; it's the keeping on living that's hard - Douglas Mawson - Scientist and polar survivor
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Cool posts! I love armor... :D
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Nicknack: thanks for the link.

According to Wikipedia, “Mephistopheles (also Mephistophilus, Mephistopheles‘, Mephostopheles, Mephisto and variants) is one of the seven princes of Hell. Originally appearing in literature as the name of the demon in the Faust legend, he has since appeared in other works as a stock character version of the Devil himself.”

Read all 'bout it --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mephistopheles
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.