OT - Humor - Cattle Guards

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

OT - Humor - Cattle Guards

Post by Doc Hudson »

Cattle Gurads

CITY FOLK! HOLY... COW!!!

Ok, I'm trying to be kind, but It's very hard sometimes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who have never traveled to the West or Southwest, "cattle guards" are horizontal steel rails placed at fence openings,

in dug-out places in the roads adjacent to highways (sometimes across highways), to prevent cattle from crossing over that area.
For some reason the cattle will not step on the "guards," probably because they fear getting their feet caught between the rails.

A few months ago, President Obama received a report that there were over 100,000 cattle guards in Colorado.
Because Colorado ranchers had protested his proposed changes in grazing policies, he ordered the Secretary of the Interior Ken Salzar
to fire half of the guards immediately.

Before the Salazar could respond and presumably straighten him out, Vice-President Joe Biden intervened with a request that before
any guards were fired, they be given six months of retraining.

Unfortunately this is a retreaded gag that first circulated about slickwillie back in the mid-1990's. However considering the fact that BarryO is a foreigh city boy, and Joe Biden is another city boy, it is very believable.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Humor - Catle Guards

Post by RIHMFIRE »

:lol: :lol:
it totally believable.......
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: OT - Humor - Cattle Guards

Post by gamekeeper »

:lol: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

:lol: :lol: Love it!!
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

:P Just amazing; am at a loss for words. Gotta watch more CNN and get edumunkated
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Actually happened during Slick Willie's administration... THAT'S the sad part...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Buck Elliott wrote:Actually happened during Slick Willie's administration... THAT'S the sad part...
Lord knows I detest slickwillie (I've not referred to that man aanyother way since 1993). And Ii know he was a townie, and spent a big chunk of his life outside Arkansas.

But I find it hard to believe that an old Arkansas boy didn't know what a cattle guard is
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Image Image
UNITE!
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

It don't matter what Ol' Slick new... It was his Secretary of Agriculture who forwarded the proposal...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Buck Elliott wrote:It don't matter what Ol' Slick new... It was his Secretary of Agriculture who forwarded the proposal...
I cn believe that

Image Image
UNITE!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
brno602
Levergunner 2.0

Post by brno602 »

That is too funny and I am Canadian!
Here we call them Texas gates every time I drive over one I think Hay I am in Texas time to strap on the Six shooter :D Sure the RCMP would like that?