Back from NRA Annual Meeting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Back from NRA Annual Meeting

Post by Hobie »

Will have more to post later. Anyone else go?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Back from NRA Annual Meeting

Post by JerryB »

Hobie, my grandson lives in Raleigh, NC, he called yesterday from there. His wifes uncle was there from his company so they drove to Charlotte to see them, he said the whole thing was overwhelmming to him and lots of guns.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

Just wondering whether you were ever contacted by the NRA since you surely received many votes for the Board of Directors.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Steelbanger wrote:Just wondering whether you were ever contacted by the NRA since you surely received many votes for the Board of Directors.
I know that NO write-in candidate received more than 250 votes. None. I will write more about this later. Thanks for asking though, it IS an interesting subject.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Personally I think we ought to get started on a campaign for next year. maybe if we pester and politic enough we might even get Hobie and James on the official slate of nominees.

What do y'all think?
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Y2K and I were there all day Friday, but never made it back. Sorry we missed you Hobie! It was indeed overwhelming. It took us 8 hours to walk the entire floor. Granted, we stopped for lunch, for the airgun range and a trip to the NRA store, for several needed breaks for my back, and I had to return a few work-related calls during the day, but it was simply massive. Y2K just marveled at it all, and it was great to spend the day with him enjoying "our thing"!

Y2K did get a ribbon at the air gun range (all 5 in the black, first time out!), so we enjoyed wearing our badges with ribbons (mine a Benefactor Life) proudly on the floor.

We collected a ton of "freebies" (literature, pins, stickers, posters, hats, etc.) - glad I brought a cart - and I purchased a few things (optics, etc) - no guns though (none being sold at the show). The thing that stuck out the most in my mind was Rossi introducing their own version of the "Mare's Leg" at half the price of the Chiappa. Now, if only it didn't have that hideous safety on top, was CCH, and had the "tear-drop" lever - it would be perfect!

Also spent a lot of time at a booth selling suppressors. I have decided that sometime sooner rather than later I am going to have to make that jump!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Sincerely,

Hobie

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Hobie, read the report. Sounds like a well spent couple of days...
Tried to leave a comment, but me and the google address thing couldn't come to terms on my password. :roll: Aww well all is well now.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

It was a great time Don. One can read more and see better photos :roll: at the NRA blog.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Oh I thought your photos and story were fine. Much rather read something like that than a pr tuned presentation by some faceless, nameless unknown to me person.....
Went to the Lincoln day dinner Friday . Liz Cheney was the guest speaker and what a terrific mind that woman has.... The whole crowd was really wound up , afterwards Carol and I spoke with her briefly, and she really has alot of her dads personality.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I Like Liz Cheney although I've never met her. She's a Wyoming gal, right?
Sincerely,

Hobie

Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Yah know I don't know if she's ever spent that much time in Wyo. Dick was Fords Chief of staff, then he got elected to congress, then the sec defense gig, and all that happened when the girls were pretty little. So they may have been born here, and have/had grandparents here, but that's probably about the most connection other than visits and vacations.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I posted about the political aspects in another topic in the appropriate forum.
Sincerely,

Hobie