OT Cat ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

OT Cat ?

Post by Mutt »

Then there was to time my cat got into the dryer...... :o :shock: :lol:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT Cat ?

Post by J Miller »

So it's so slow around here you're trying to raise a stink?

Anyway my grand mom did that once. Had a cat that wouldn't stay out of the drier so she shut the door turned it on for a couple rotations then opened the door and stood aside. The cat rocketed out and never looked back. Story is the cat never came near the washer and drier again.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

something I always liked about the comedienne Paula Poundstone - "Whachagonna do? It's a cat"
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

My mom didn't notice the kitten in the dryer once.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

My sister did in one of our cats once by slamming the fridge door on its neck. The old type friges with a latch type handle. She just froze and didn't think to open the door promptly. I never did like that cat. :D
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

My neighbor had a cat craw up under the hood to get warm. When he started up the truck, the cat got caught in the belt. That was one of the coolest things I ever saw as a kid :)
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

One morning as I was leaving to go to work about 2 AM I got a mile down the road and came to the RR tracks where a train was broken down. I parked the pickup and walked over to where the guys from the train were standing talking. I asked how long it would be because the other option was a 15 mile detour. they said the brake line had just arived and was being put on now, it would be 5 minutes at the most. I went back and sat in the truck and had the windows down since it was a nice morning. It was almost total darkness except for a street light in a barnyard about 75 yards away. As I was sitting there I started hearing a meow, meeeow, and I started looking for a little kitten.meow...meeeeow, still looking but not seeing anything. About that time there is a low rumble as the locomotive starts gaining RPMs and I hear the subtle click, click, click as the train is pushing the slack in, or whatever they call it before they start off. All the while meeow, meeow, then CLUNK, meeYIPE. Then silence except for the train which is now slowly moving out of the way. I had to look that afternoon on the way home and there were the remains of cat pizza ala Seaboard Coastline RR.

That had to be the most unlucky kitten ever. :D :D
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I pulled a car in the dealership I was working at, at the time and it was running really, really rough. Didn't surprise me because people wait to the last minute to get their cars looked at. As I got out I heard a weird chirp, but the head was calling so off I went. When I came back the wash boy was looking at the front end of the car. I asked him if that chirp was coming from the car and he said it sounds like it. I popped the hood latch and slowly opened the hood. I found a full grown marmot/woodchuck and it wasn't happy. It had built a nest by the belts and apparently was ran through them when I started it up. Needless to say it didn't live long (not from the broken legs, but a long pry bar). You never know what your gonna get when you open the bonnet. :D
Old Law Dawg
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I like these cat stories that have happy endings! :D (for us, anyway :D )

My favorite happened in 1976. There was this cat out in the field behind my place about a hundred yards away. I pulled out my Model 59 'Smith 9mm and aimed a couple of feet to the side to give it a good scare. At the sound of the shot, the cat took off, ran about 50-60 yards and piled up. :D -------------------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

JB wrote:My neighbor had a cat craw up under the hood to get warm. When he started up the truck, the cat got caught in the belt. That was one of the coolest things I ever saw as a kid :)

JB----------------- :arrow: You don't own any guns or any sharp objects do ya? :shock:
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Back in 1983 Big mama and Big Daddy had to move into an apartment after Big Mama had a stroke.

I don't much like cats but Big Daddy had half a dozen or more of them and they had to find new homes. I reluctantly agreed tot ake two of them.

Not long after the kittens arrived, Nancy and I acquired a Husky-Malamute crossbred dog. The older kitten took one look at Nemo and departed for the tall grass never to return. The smaller kitten stayed and became good friends with Nemo. Somewhere around here, I have a photo of Nemo curled up asleep on the porch with the kitten curled up on nemo's back.

Nemo had heartworms when we got him and we spent more money than we could afford to have him treated. Since we didn't have a pen to confine him we had to put him on a chain for few weeks.

One morning as she was heading off to work, nancy went out to pet Nemo and the kitten tagged along. Being in a bad humor from being chained, Nemo growled at tthe kitten who raised her tail on high, stuck her little nose in the air and prissed off.

A few minutes later, nancy got in the car and started it. There was a loud meow and a funny noise. She stopped the engine and I opened the hood. Sure enough, there was the kitten, with the top of her little head practically knocked off. Nancy was terribly upset and i wasn't very happy. That was one of the few cats I've ever really liked. Maybe if the hadn't been so offended by Nemo's growl she might not have come to grief.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

madman4570 wrote:
JB wrote:My neighbor had a cat craw up under the hood to get warm. When he started up the truck, the cat got caught in the belt. That was one of the coolest things I ever saw as a kid :)

JB----------------- :arrow: You don't own any guns or any sharp objects do ya? :shock:

Hmmm. I agree. I just don't get some people that seem to enjoy seeing things such as that.

For me, they are the ones you worry about..
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
Roland
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Roland »

Nice thread, showing off the sociopathic side of levergunscommunity.com I see.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

no, it was jokes, not one person was insulted in the postulation of this thread - oh, never mind
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Many years ago when I was having to scout different football teams on Friday night, one of the coaches on my team from another school told me a story. He was mad at a certain linebacker coach at the college he played for so he would catch wondering cats, put them in a bag and take them to the top of the stadium. Then take them out of the bag and drop them on this coaches car. He did it numerous times. I decided to put him with another team. When I went to high school and became the assistant Head coach, I kept him from being brought up to the high school as our linebacker coach. I didn't want him around our kids. I like dogs better than cats but there is a line you don't cross.
"That'll Be The Day"
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Me and my mom go to the same church, one Sunday morning a few years ago my mom said she had heard something under the hood of her car. Sure 'nough after service I went out to check, and as I raised the hood I found a kitten curled up on top of the engine. Now mom has had cats around her place for years and we figured this one had climbed aboard and rode to church with her, about 5 miles. It was calm and meowing, so I very carefully got it in my palms and lifted it out, everyone around was uhing and owing and saying how cute when suddenly this thing went bezerk. Bit me about three times before I could get rid of it. Run off and we never saw it again. Most were laughing, but with blood dripping from my fingers, I was not as amused. Probably did look funny though, me standing there trying to shake this thing off my hand.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

What can I say? :)

Cat(shooter)
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

catshooter, :mrgreen:
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

On no less than 2 occasions have we had cat's killed via motor components while snoozing under the hood of a car. But my most surprising moment on this subject was with an unknown driver. I was following a truck on the highway for a good 5-10 miles when all of the sudden a cat comes flying out from under the truck. The cat musta rolled a good 50 yards and then took off running like it was shot outta cannon. Pulled over and tried to find it to no avail. 1 out of 9 lives used up. I have no idea how far that cat had come.

On a similar note. I had my Jagdterrier with me one day when a big boar coon runs across the road in front of me about 1/2 from home. I turn the dog out and the chase is on. Not much of a chase though. The coon did a 180 with the dog hot on it's heels and headed for the tallest object within 1/2 mile. My truck. Upon arriving at the truck the coon jumped up on the rear tire and after a little struggle he managed to crawl up onto the spare tire hung under the truck, followed by the dog. Well this here coon managed to get tucked back into a corner and him and the dog were having a real time under there with neither one getting the advantage. Nothing I could do but sit there and wait. And wait, and wait. After a good 15 minutes I'm at a loss of what to do so finally after checking that both dog and coon were still secure under the truck I proceeded to start up the truck and drove it on home. Got home, got a second dog (A mountain fiest), lowered the spare tire to end the story.

LK
willygene
Levergunner 2.0

Post by willygene »

my blue heeler has killed more cats than me and i have taken out few, but they still try to stuff in my daughters sand box but to no avail the heeler will get them everytime, she can throw one fifteen feet in the air and they don't ways land on their feet.