Sights for 92's?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Sights for 92's?

Post by Lastmohecken »

Tell me what you have done on your 92's for sight changes. I have went a little crazy this month, I can't keep this up, but after purchasing the Browning High Grade 1886, I still couldn't get the Browning Centenial 92 out of my head, that I had looked at eairler in the day. So, I ended up putting it on layaway. This a 44mag model. And it has some pretty good iron sights on it, but I am leaning towards putting a receiver sight on it. I don't really want a tang sight. But the receiver is not drilled and tapped for a receiver sight, and I didn' see where Williams offered one for it either.

I would like to go with a Fool Proof. I doubt if I do any cowboy shooting so I figure the receiver sight is the best for me. Will a Winchester 94 receiver sight work? What has everone else done? I know the 92's are very popular on this board, so I figured some of you have already been down this road.
Bullet Bob

Post by Bullet Bob »

I like the Lyman 66, here on my .357 Browning 92.

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Lastmohecken,

The 92s use the same side mount receiver sights as the Win 94s.
Williams FP 94/36 and Lyman 66A.

I had my Rossi D&T'd for a Williams FP. It worked just fine.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I know you said "no", but I couldn't bring myself to interrupt the beautiful B92 sides:

Then, I cut down a tall fiber-optic dovetail sight to make a new front blade, after cutting off the old post top and slotting the square post base for it. I later switched to an Ivory bead, done the same way - with a Chinese milling machine. (Please excuse my lousy camera skills)

Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Thanks for the pictures, fellows. That tang sight looks good, I just have trouble getting used to the tang being in the way of my hand, so perfer the receiver sight. I guess I will eventually have it drilled and tapped for a Fool Proof, then.

Pete44ru, that's an interesting front sight you have there.

Does anyone have a picture of the Skinner front sight on a 92, or other options?