Mod 70 Winchester--Latest Version

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Mod 70 Winchester--Latest Version

Post by getitdone1 »

Wondering about the quality of the latest version of Winchester's model 70--Safari Express Model chambered for 375 H&H. Looked at it on internet and their catalog. Looks great.

They put a new trigger system in their latest model 70s. Sounds good due to their using all stainless steel, no takeup, no creep, no overtravel. My understanding is the old trigger system they used was a great one.

Any downside to this particular gun? Anyone in this group have it?

Appears it will feel heavy enough. :D

Don
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Mod 70 Winchester--Latest Version

Post by Bigahh »

Chuck Hawks states the latest version of the "Super Grade" is the best Model 70 ever made!

http://www.winchesterguns.com/library/a ... asp?id=221
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Re: Mod 70 Winchester--Latest Version

Post by Kansas Ed »

I haven't handled one, but I suspect that the "need" for a new trigger was due to lawyers again. The OLD Model 70 had a trigger that was adjustable for takeup and creep, AND you could adjust it for pull weight...I'm betting the new trigger won't go less than 4 lbs. If my bolt rifles won't go 2.5 to 3.0 I don't want them.

Ed