33wcf in au

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

33wcf in au

Post by dbateman »

ok so there is a 1886 33wcf for sale here in Au its a bit on the pricey side
but I have never seen one for sale befor
http://usedguns.com.au/used_Lever_guns.html#Lever_guns
scroll down the page till you see it what do you guys recon ??????
thnks Dave
I have had my eye out for one for some time now.....well since i joind leverguns.com
and found out what a 33wcf was 8)
any of you guy in Au see them around for sale much??
Dave Bateman .

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words, matches cause fires and spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Pop Watts
Levergunner 2.0

Re: 33wcf in au

Post by Pop Watts »

Unfortunately we rarely see an 1886 for sale here.

First one I have seen in 33WCF, and I have been paying attention.

Pop.
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

I bought the last one that I know of that was sold here in oz about 3 years ago for $1600 from Roland Martyn's auction. It is in fair condition with bolts through the wrist to repair the stock, I had intended to restock it, but it has grown on me the way it is & it shoots well.
Bruce Bertram from Victoria can supply brass & projectiles, & I just recieved a custom .340 200gr GC mold from CBE in Sydney & a freechex to make the gas checks, I can't wait to put all together.
Be carefull that it has not been refinished, it almost looks too good to be true for a 100 year old Winchester in Australia, there aren't many safe queens here, and most that we did have have been repatriated to the US. The stock looks too shiney also.
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Well, in oz - WHERE can you get another ? :mrgreen:

For that money, though, I'd buy BOTH the .25-20 Model 1892 24" octagon, AND the .32-20 Model 53 - and have money left over for ammo & reloading dies, etc.

Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I looked through all the guns, but saw no 1886 on the page.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Oops, musta missed it the first time. :oops: That rifle has most definitely been refinished. Despite the small photo, the forend cap tells that tale. None of my several .33s has a forend cap with all of the bluing intact. Those are the first parts to silver out. The best thing that gun has going for it is the FM. IMO, the price is WAY out of line, but where do you find 1886s in OZ? :shock:

All of the decent older levers and pumps are quite ridiculously priced. Are Colts and Winchesters that scarce in Australia? :o
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Well whoa, whoa, whoa, there a minute. Back to Peter's post... the Freechex? I didn't know those were still being made?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JFE
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JFE »

It does look too good not to have been refinished. There was an original looking M-71 a while back but I thought the price asked was a little high. If you have your heart set on 33 Win you might look into importing one as you could wait forever in Oz and prices tend to be very high when they do turn up.

Larger frame Winchesters and large calibres generally are quite rare in Oz. For those not aware I think that more 92's were sold in Australia than any other place. The calibres it came in suited the available game we had at the time. 92's, 53 & 65 are certainly quite common here, but finding one in decent condition is another story.
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

yeah i was thinking it looked to good for its age ??? maybe not i sent a email off to them yesterday no reply yet
I may look at buying one from the u.s
Pete44ru that model 53 dose look nice and i do NEED a 32-20
Thanks for the input
.Dave
Dave Bateman .

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words, matches cause fires and spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

MikeD knows his 33's. I am wondering if you couldn't import one from the US for significantly cheaper?
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I pondered that myself, Kirk. I'll bet that the import tariffs would make it prohibitive to ship older firearms that are not "antiques" to OZ. If possible, it would be a great way to share decent Winchesters with our brethren Down Under. :)
peter richards
Levergunner 2.0

Post by peter richards »

Rusty - The freechex are a great tool, you have to buy thru ebay, seller is codarnall, & he calls them FREECHEX II.

Kirk - It costs a fortune to bring a gun into Australia, the last I imported was a 95 Winchester from New Zealand about 3 years ago & the freight & customs costs were around $800.
Pete
Levergunner Down Under
NRA Life Member
SSAA
SASS
WACA
Shooters & Fishers Party
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

Gotta go along with the opinion, looks refinished. Anybody notice the 1876 in 40-60. Note for Pop Watts, got good pics of the 1892, shes a refinish also by looking at the bevels around the screw holes. Will leave that one.

Cost of getting one into Aus from the States would wreck any potential savings, after customs etc then brokering through a dealer and thats before going through all the redtape and fees for import licence. The land of the heavily taxed. The Government dont seem real keen on guns, but they dont mind shoving their hands deeper into your pocket everytime you buy one.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
dbateman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dbateman »

the 33 win is sold (anyone here) the telegraphist were in qld are you im in mt isa at the moment. Thanks for all the replys .dave
Dave Bateman .

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

I saw "au" and was looking to see a gold plated levergun.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

Gday mate, was not me that bought the 86, I might have been interested if it was original and in 45/70 though. I'm in the city that saved Qld, Gympie Gold. Am negotiating a 45 Colt 4 and 3/4 inch barrel at present 3rd generation, if I make the deal wont have much left for rifles (levers) for awhile.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET