OT - Guns of Pakistan

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

OT - Guns of Pakistan

Post by deerwhacker444 »

Don't know if this is a repost or not. Very interesting.

Guns of Pakistan
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Guns of Pakistan

Post by JerryB »

Thanks for the video. It's hard to imagine making a firearm under those conditions.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

I have been to Afghanistan twice. Many items come across from Pakistan. You would be amazed at what some of their craftsman can do. You could give them a BMW, and they could replicate it. I saw things from guns to silver coins and even DVD's being close to spot on. The big thing at the time was percussion guns. They would try their best to pass them off as originals to unsuspecting GI's at various markets. You really have to know what to look for.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

They used to make copies of the old British guns too, things like Martini-Henry. Some were very good copies and could only be recognized by the fact that the N was stamped back to front or other little things like that.
You could shoot them but would you want to, considering that you would know nothing about the metallurgy involved in the barrel or the action.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I read an article many years ago about that place, I was amazed just what them folks were making back then. It looks so remote and devoid of any natural resource.

Thanks.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

If someone could tap that creativity and skill in a legal way and start a legitimate industry those folks might be able to have a better life. And maybe the radicals would loose their hold on that area.

Just a thought.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***