Ruger Single Six 22 to 32 ??

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Ruger Single Six 22 to 32 ??

Post by Lobo »

Hi All,

I know Ruger produced the Single Six in both 22 rimfire and 32 Mag. My question is, can my Ruger SS in 22 rimfire be converted to 32 Mag?? My hope is to have the revolver rebored and rechambered to 32 Mag, then the firing pin changed over.

Comments......experiences???
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Re: Ruger Single Six 22 to 32 ??

Post by L_Kilkenny »

You'd be money ahead by far just getting a new gun. I'd hate to imagine the cost of getting what you want done. At the last gun show I was at I saw three stainless .32M Single six's for $4-500. Cheapest they've been for awhile.

LK
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

L_Kilkenny wrote:You'd be money ahead by far just getting a new gun. I'd hate to imagine the cost of getting what you want done. At the last gun show I was at I saw three stainless .32M Single six's for $4-500. Cheapest they've been for awhile.

LK
+1 :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

YEP, YOU CAN DO THAT. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH A LARGE ENOUGH PILE OF GREASY OL' GREEN PAPER.
ON THE OTHER HAND YOU CAN FIND A SINGLE SIX IN 32 PRETTY EASY WITH THE WORK ALL DONE AND FOR PROBABLY LESS THAN THE PROPOSED CONVERSION.
THEN , OF COURSE, YOU'D HAVE TWO RUGER SINGLE SIXES IN 22 AND 32 !!! WHATTA PLAN !!!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

'Course, I'd rather have a .32 H&R Super Bearcat, like Boge Quinn's ! ;) :mrgreen: :P :P :P

bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I really should do something about my mean streak. I bought this one used/new in 1989. Some book says it was made in 1985. I have ammo & dies, but havent shot it much. Think I will start carrying it more this summer as a trail gun on my quad. What little I have shot it I will say it is flat shooting, accurate, hardly no recoil and loud!

bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I also own this old bad redone colt in .32 wcf. It shoots nice but seems to weigh about twice what the ruger does.
Thought I would also show a prestine single six made in 1959 that I have.

Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Even better than a .32 Single-Six would be a .32 Blackhawk with cylinders for .32-20, .32 H&R MAG, and maybe that new .327 Magnum.

One of the last guns my old friend Brynt Grace acquired ws a Buckeye Special Edition Blackhawk with .32-20 WCF and .32 H&R Mag cylinders. (it seems like there was a third cylinder but I can't rememberr the chamering.)
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

The easier thing to do would be to send me $575 (and an FFL) and I'll send you this rare 9 and 1/2" Ruger 32 mag. with shipping included :D I bought this gun as an investment and only fired one box out of it. :D ---------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Lobo
Member Emeritus

Post by Lobo »

Hi All,

I'd rather convert this revolver than trade. I bought it new when new was about $149, and have put 1000-1500 rounds of 22 lr through it. I'm thinking a scaled down version of Doc Holladay's bird's head Colt in "Tombstone".

Once upon a time, I could regularly hit 12 gauge hulls at 65 yards with this revolver. These days, I'd be doing well just to see the hulls at 65 yards!!! :mrgreen:
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
klhill
Levergunner 2.0

Post by klhill »

A few days ago I picked up a 32-20/327 Mag conversion on an Old Model 357 frame.Asked the 'smith about converting an OM SS to 32 Mag and he said "no problem".Approx cost would be $200 for the custom cylinder and $150 for the barrel.Not sure what the rimfire to centerfire modification would cost.I have heard that New Model SS conversions can be more difficult due to the fact that the loading gate area of the frame is thinner and when it is opened up you might cut into the channel for the transfer bar.My guess is that it would be $500+ for the conversion.The 'smith is Al Story (Story Machining & Borchardt Rifle Co.)I am very happy with the work he did for me.