Brian Pearce Levergun Article

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Brian Pearce Levergun Article

Post by C. Cash »

Just a heads up. In Rifle Mag there is a good little article on hunting with Leverguns. Just general impression stuff on a wide variety of leverguns, but good to see. I wish he would write a little more about his David R. Clay Marlin takedown in 44 Mag. That is a nice piece.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Brian Pearce Levergun Article

Post by O.S.O.K. »

I enjoy his articles. He does a lot on single action revolvers and leverguns both. I've learned quite a bit from him.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
JFE
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JFE »

C. Cash wrote:I wish he would write a little more about his David R. Clay Marlin takedown in 44 Mag. That is a nice piece.
In case you werent aware he did a review of that rifle several issues back.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Brian is a no-nonsense gunwriter, one of the best. A very knowledgable guy who can talk intelligently on the science of ballistics or how to make a Mossberg .22 shoot well.

I do find it hard to believe (but don't disbelieve)his stories on how he can repeatably hit a 10" plate at 400 yards with a sixgun.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll pick up that issue-----------------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yes, he is my favorite handsdown as well Sixgun. I miss Seyfried in Handloader. All their stuff makes sense to the average guy, with good history and pics thrown in. Thanks for the heads up on the DRC custom JFE.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If I were to buy the magazine Brian would be the reason why. I just don't buy that many gun mags any more. If it's not about a short mag it's just the same stuff over and over.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Rusty wrote:If I were to buy the magazine Brian would be the reason why. I just don't buy that many gun mags any more. If it's not about a short mag it's just the same stuff over and over.
Whoa! That could be me writing that---Could not agree with you more :D ------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
CEMENTHEAD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by CEMENTHEAD »

:D Agreed on all posts Gentlemen....he is like Elmer Keith, John Taffin, and Ross Seyfreid. Both of whom I love to read.

Thanks, Tom
Last edited by CEMENTHEAD on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War sees no color, sex, or ethnic background - wars only see blood shed by our heroes for our freedoms.

I Am An American! Fighting for our Country and our way of life.

Fourth Generation Veteran and Proud !!
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Rifle and Handloader are the only mags I get. Brian and Mike Venturino are the two writers I enjoy reading the most. Both seem to have real world experiences using firearms. And firearms that are of interest to me.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yep....the best out there for sure Ben T. I also periodically get(depending on what's in them) Backwoodsman mag. You have to take alot of those articles with a grain of salt but it is generally fun to read and informative. Also get Muzzleblasts(highly recommended for Early American History/Firearms) as well as American Riflemen with my NMLRA and NRA memberships.
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

CEMENTHEAD wrote::D Agreed on all posts Gentlemen....he is like Elmer Keith, and Ross Seyfreid. Both of whom I love to read.
+1 :D
2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I used to love rifle mag.
One day I read a story about the 6.5 Carcano.
Worst piece of trash I have ever read.
The conclusion was so blatently apolagetic and enabeling,I have had a hard time reading rifle ever since.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

I subscribe online to the Wolf publication magazines, I can peruse the headline's and then decide if I want to download any of their 3 different Mags. Kind of like checking out the magazine stand and deciding what to buy, or not, accept I don't have to drive into town to do it. My wife likes this as it cuts down on the amount of Mags I have stacked around :D . They also offer their Load Data section separate for another price. Tons of load info from several different sources.
Ricky

DWWC
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Rusty wrote:If I were to buy the magazine Brian would be the reason why. I just don't buy that many gun mags any more. If it's not about a short mag it's just the same stuff over and over.

I have been home sick with a bad cold/ flu-like stuff for a week, so i went to the local book trader for my magazine fix to get me through a day (Guns of the Old West is a fun mag even though its a quarterly)

Out of a $20 stack of magazines , i had 4 articles on Hornady's new line of "Superperformance" ammo in the same month :lol:

Oh well, i guess they write with the assumption that not everybody reads ALL the magazines. But i will do a better job of pre-screening them before they get dumped in the basket now.
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I really have not bought gun mags for a very long time. The reviews would almost always be favorable and Poof, low and behold, the advertisement for the same gun would be within a page or two of the really cool review... I may be crazy, but I ain't stupid.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV