Interarms M92

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hartman
Levergunner 1.0

Interarms M92

Post by hartman »

I was in town yesterday and thought I'd stop in the pawn shop even tho the guns trade in there has been real slow lately. Much to my surprise there was a M92 357 mag hanging on the wall. He had it priced at $295 and when I asked to look at it he went to $275 and tax. I offered $275 tax title out the door and he took it....score! Oh stuff now I have to tell my wife I was a bad boy!
I took it to the range and it shot the loads I had made up for the M65-5 just fine...score!
wacked a jack rabbit with it today...score again!
It's my first time with a '92, I've got some '94's and 1895Marlin, what a slick little rifle. And it locks up like a bank vault! And best of all it doesn't have a safety except the one God gave it.
It has barely been used, and now I'm in the club!!
Sorry no pictures I'm tech challenged

Hartman
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

Nice deal. I had a 357 Puma offered to me this week for $300.00 and didn't get it. I'm now kind of wishing I'd made a counter offer as well :(
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Interarms

Post by stormspotter »

I'll play alone. Here is my Interarms M92 357 with 16" barrel.

Oh, along with one of my Ruger 50th 357's.
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

hartman,you done real good. That is as fine a rifle as you could want.I have an old Winchester 92 in 32-20 and finally got an old Rossi like yours from a friend.The rifle was a safe queen with ten rounds fired through it,not any more.You will more than likely use it more than any of the other rifles you own.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Hartman, if that was your first levergun you dun real good on negotiating a deal! Welcome to the club!
hartman
Levergunner 1.0

Post by hartman »

Stormspotter,

Is that the original wood refinished? or did it come that way. Mine has that crappy dark stain on it and I was thinking I might have to refinish it.

Hartman
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Those 92s are addictive. I'm up to five. Win. & Rossi. The 357 is a blast in that little carbine.

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
stormspotter
Levergunner 2.0

Interarms

Post by stormspotter »

The forearm is factory original, but the butt stock was so dark that there was too much contrast in color. I sanded the butt stock down, but not to bare wood, and am in the process of applying an oil finish to bring it as close to the forearm color as I can.

I'm far from being an expert on wood finishing, but it will do as a
take along-go anywhere rifle.
Republic. I like the sound of the word. It means people can live free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose. Some words give you a feeling. Republic is one of those words that makes me tight in the throat . . . . Some words can give you a feeling that makes your heart warm. Republic is one of those words.