Puma M92 Question About Feeding - Problem Fixed

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hanzerik
Levergunner 1.0

Puma M92 Question About Feeding - Problem Fixed

Post by Hanzerik »

I have a kind of weird question for you Puma 92 experts.

My question is; when is the next round in the tube supposed to be fed unto the carrier, as the action is being closed, or as the action is slightly opened after being fully closed? I have two Pumas; 20" Oct barreled, and a 16" carbine. The 20" feeds the next round onto the carrier as the action is being closed, the 16" feeds the next round onto the carrier as the action is being opened, or when I push in on the loading gate. I never really paid attention to when the next round is fed onto the carrier with the 16" and am a little worried I may have messed something up putting it back together today. One thing I know I will need to order is a new cartridge guide screw (For the right side) as I somehow stripped it when putting the guide back in. Was kind of surprised as I didn't even tighten it very much before it stripped.

Both guns cycle all types of rounds smoothly, they just feed cartridges onto the carrier at different points in action cycling.
Last edited by Hanzerik on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Puma M92 Question About Feeding

Post by AJMD429 »

Now you got me wondering about my Pumas...?

Can't wait for NKJ or someone who knows all about this to enlighten us...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hanzerik,

Welcome to the forum.

I think the next cartridge in line is supposed to feed out of the magazine as the bolt closes. As the bolt closes it pushes the cartridge stop out of the way so it clears the next cartridge.

At least that's what I remember my one and only Rossi 92 doing.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Hanzerik
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hanzerik »

Fixed it. Yes it is supposed to feed the next round when the bolt closes. When I re-installed the left cartridge guide, I put the cartridge stop spring in wrong. But its all good now. I also found a screw for the right cartridge guide. All back together and will not be coming apart again unless it is filthy or starts to give me problems.
Hobie

Re: Puma M92 Question About Feeding - Problem Fixed

Post by Hobie »

If it works don't fix it (or take it apart). A rule I religiously follow.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Puma M92 Question About Feeding - Problem Fixed

Post by Grizz »

Hobie wrote:If it works don't fix it (or take it apart). A rule I religiously follow.
How else ya gonna learn something Hobie? I haven't found much yet that just plain curiosity didn't demand that I disassemble it.

Now where'd that little spring go?

Grizz