Model 95 sling swivel

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
eagles
Levergunner 2.0

Model 95 sling swivel

Post by eagles »

I recently asked about sling swivels to use o na model 95 winchestrer. I have the newer 405 model . I was told to get Uncle Mikes barrel band model for levers . I did those but my gunsmith says the barrel of the gun is to large for the solid ring and also it wont go over the front sight as it is not removable to slide it down the barrel . Did I get the wrong one ? Does anyone know why this happening if it is the rong one what is the correct model number I need ? Thanks
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: Model 95 sling swivel

Post by Mike D. »

Just buy the clamp on one, install it in front of the forend, and go about your business.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
eagles
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eagles »

I see now it is the one for tubular magazines . That was not clear so I orderd the one that realy was for a barrel (seemed right since it was for a barrel ) and not a magazine . Thanks
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

If this one does not fit, best measure the barrel and order by size to assure a tight fit.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
eagles
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eagles »

are you saying the magazine model comes in different diameters ? When I bought the magazine one for my 94 I dont remember their where diameter optionms for the magazine model ?
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

What I meant to say is that if you plan to place the front sling swivel on the M95 barrel, you can mike the barrel and order a clamp on swivel that fits it well. These type clamp=ons come in different sizes and you can check Midway and other sources for availability and prices.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
eagles
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eagles »

Thanks . Are they made by Uncle Mikes then ? It would help to know who makes tnese adjustable different clamp on swivels as I can only find one size with Uncle mike Does anyone know ? I allready bought one that was wrong .
eagles
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eagles »

Ok now here is the accurate info for anyone else with a model 95 . DONT get the Uncle Mikes Winchester lever action barrel band sling swivel for a 405 it is to small . That only fits arround .650 diameter barrels . The 405 is a bit over .700. You need sling number 1597-2 which is fOR A SHOTGUN sized .700 to .750 .