OT - I'm back!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - I'm back!

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Did you miss me?

I was out with the family on vacation this week. Visiting my in-laws in rural Ohio. No cell-phone reception and only a dial-up internet connection. I tried one time to connect here, but it wouldn't work. So, you all got a break!

Y2K and I love visiting his grandfather. He lives on some acreage, and we can shoot right in his back yard. I asked Y2K what he wanted to bring up with us, and then had to pare down the list quite a bit - we would not have been able to bring up any clothes or anything else (including his Mom and sister) if he had his way! We ended up bringing up 8 guns, not including my carry piece, and I am sad to say - embarassed to say - only one was a lever! We decided to focus on guns he couldn't shoot at an indoor range, and some .22's just for blasting fun. I will post pictures a bit later - still buried beneath tons of e-mails! But here is a short list of the week's event:

- 4 individual shooting sessions
- 8 guns shot
- YK's Little Girl got to shoot her pink-stocked .22 :D We all shot it - darn is that thing accurate!
- Y2K got to shoot his 20 gauge for the first time
- Y2K got to shoot a .223 (AR-15) for the first time
- I got to shoot my IAC "Winchester 1887" for the first time
- Took my nephew along all four times; this is the only time he gets to shoot, so he loves us coming up
- Can't remember how many rounds we fired, but it was A LOT!!! :D :D :D

Everyone had fun. Only 4 sessions though, each in the afternoon, as we went fishing at Y2K's Great Aunt's pond just up the road each morning. Lots of fun there too - 86er has created a monster with Y2K and fishing. Will need to post those pictures too. Lots of panfish we caught and threw back. A few small bass. Kept 5 large-mouth bass large enough to eat and they tasted great. The boys almost landed a lunker of a catfish one day.

So basically, a boys heaven. Fishing and shooting each and every day. It's a miracle we got Y2K back into the truck for the drive home yesterday!
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT - I'm back!

Post by cnjarvis »

You were gone?!?!?!

:lol: :lol:

Sounds like y'all had a great time!
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Welcome back guy! :)
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Why don't you just give one of your .22s to your nephew? That way he won't have to wait for you to visit him to shoot.
ED
Yer never too old
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

welcome back.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Welcome back to the campfire Jay, I sure hope there's a photo of you shootin' that famous Pink Rifle! :D :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

whats a vacation? :?: :?: :?: :?: :oops:

Glad to see you had fun....
but with only one lever gun!
welcome back
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Sure does sound like a real vacation, lots of shooting and farm pond fishing can't be beat.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Hope you a great vaca., but with over 9400 posts who would have known you were gone, Y.K.? You future Member Emeritus. Welcome Back. 1886.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Hey, hey, hey, that's no excuse. I'm gone myself right now. As I write this I'm in Hickory, NC.

Nanny, nanny, boo, boo.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Modoc ED wrote:Why don't you just give one of your .22s to your nephew? That way he won't have to wait for you to visit him to shoot.
That's an excellent idea! I'm going to find another "restoration special", like I did for the pink-stocked gun for my daughter, and work one up for my nephew. Only his won't be pink! Kill a few birds with one stone. Get him a gun, get me more practice on restoring/customizing one, get Y2K some practice doing the same, and make his gun a one-of-a-kind. Everyone will win! :D
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Good plan, I like it.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Welcome back, Kid. I thought it was quiet. :wink:
Where abouts, here in Ohio, were you?
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Atwood Lake area, north of Dellroy and south of Magnolia. Beautiful piece of the world! :D
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Modoc ED wrote:Why don't you just give one of your .22s to your nephew? That way he won't have to wait for you to visit him to shoot.
That's an excellent idea! I'm going to find another "restoration special", like I did for the pink-stocked gun for my daughter, and work one up for my nephew. Only his won't be pink! Kill a few birds with one stone. Get him a gun, get me more practice on restoring/customizing one, get Y2K some practice doing the same, and make his gun a one-of-a-kind. Everyone will win! :D
Sounds like a plan!!! There'll be winners all the way around.
ED
Yer never too old
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Excellent! :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Congratulations! Good deal.....
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Howdy Kid---I sure did miss the pics of your feet. :D

The deeds you are doing will register as the greatest memories for Y2K and your nephew the rest of their lives. -------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Wow. I'm 20 minutes away, by Tappan lake. Next time your in town your invited over. Bring the gang and the rifles too. The range is always open.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
In a couple years you'll need to use the same skills on a centerfire gun and assemble a reloading kit to go with it. :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Gobblerforge wrote:Wow. I'm 20 minutes away, by Tappan lake. Next time your in town your invited over. Bring the gang and the rifles too. The range is always open.
Gobbler
Gobbler -

Will do. PM me your contact details. We don't get up there nearly as often as we all would like, but I'll drop you a line next time we're going.