Marlin full length magazine tube - modern

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bang
Levergunner

Marlin full length magazine tube - modern

Post by Bang »

I was looking at one of the new 45-70 Marlin Cowboy rifle with its full length magazine tube - I just love the look

- would it be easier to buy the tube and spring and refit it to a standard 1895 ?
or
- would it be easier to refit a new pistol grip stock and matching lever to the Cowboy ?
or
- buy both and pull them apart and leave them in bits for a few years until i remember what i was doing ?
or
- ask Marlin if they would do it for me ?

Sorry I just like full length magazines and the pistol grip stock :) - I fell off my horse a few years back and I have problems holding the straight stock of the Cowboy properly ( not a real reason but it works for my wife )
I wish to die like my grandmother - peacefully in her sleep.
Not screaming like the passengers in her car !

Is there a 21st Century lever action?
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin full length magazine tube - modern

Post by Streetstar »

good question. I would like a full length tube for my Guide gun as well, so i await the responses with baited breath. I would think a new mag tube would be easier on the wallet to do than a new stock and lever though
----- Doug
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin full length magazine tube - modern

Post by 20cows »

I reckon the least complex solution is to swap the barrel and tube from the cowbow to the 95.

A smith could probably put the cowboy's tube under the 95's barrel, but I have no experience with Marlins, so I don't know how they hang the tube on those.