Humor: Ain't It The Truth/Priceless

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Humor: Ain't It The Truth/Priceless

Post by Pete44ru »

Here's Michelle Obama, feeding the homeless, at a Government-sponsered homeless shelter:

Cost of food: $0.00

Cost of Server pay: $0.00

Cost of homeless person, taking pic of Mrs. Obama with a $500 Blackberry: PRICELESS ! :mrgreen:
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Humor: Ain't It The Truth/Priceless

Post by mescalero1 »

How does that come about?
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Reverse Eminent Domain. ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Our definition of "poor" in this country is what 75% of the world would call "middle class", and 25% of the world would call "rich". Most "poor" in this country have a place to live, food on their table (many are overweight), a car to drive, multiple sets of clothes, a TV, a phone, air-conditioning, etc. Not all, mind you, but what we define as "poor". Granted, some folks are truly poor, but between social and charitable services, it is doubtful anyone would be allowed to starve in this land.

I remember reading a great book by Dinesh D'Souza called "What's So Great About America". He immigrated from India long ago, and the book goes on to point out all the wonderful things about our country. In it he recalls a friend or family member in India who wanted to come to America to see a "fat poor person". The idea just boggled his mind!

Poor elsewhere don't have cell phones. They often have the clothes on their backs and nothing else, wondering if today they will eat.

As with so many other things in this country, 75% of the population needs to GET A CLUE!

Sorry to put a sour note on your post. Just a way of explanation. I'll end well - we, as a country, are still truly blessed!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Its also funny how the "poor" people always have money for beer, cigarettes, lottery tickets and weed!!!!!! Guess its all a matter of your priorities. Yet they dont have have couple bucks for gas and they refuse to walk a 1/2 mile to the store. I volunteered at a homeless and finally stopped after burning out. Haved moved furniture upstairs in a house only to get up there and find 2 able bodied guys up there but i t was beneath to help or even hold the door open.
Last edited by 3leggedturtle on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
eric65
Levergunner 2.0

Post by eric65 »

3leggedturtle wrote:Its also funny how the poor people always have money for beer, cigarettes, lottery tickets and weed!!!!!! Guess its all a matter of your priorities.
It does seem to work that way,dosen't it?
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

eric65 wrote:
3leggedturtle wrote:Its also funny how the poor people always have money for beer, cigarettes, lottery tickets and weed!!!!!! Guess its all a matter of your priorities.
Add Health Care to the list. They can afford the latest iPhone, but not $25 a month for health care. Our entitlement dollars pay for their housing, food, utilities, etc. (I know...I have a couple of rental properties through the local Section 8 programs), just so they can turn around and use whatever money the make on Direct TV, cell phones and texting, equiping their ricers, etc. I'm disgusted by the whole process! :evil:
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I hope this does not mark me as a closet racist or something.
Often while driving down the street I will see people at the bus stop talking on a cell phone, often I have asked myself , what is so important the he/she must speak to someone on a cell phone , while he/she awaits the arrival of a bus?
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

mescalero1 wrote: what is so important the he/she must speak to someone on a cell phone , while he/she awaits the arrival of a bus?
Yep never in history: have so many, talked so much, ABOUT so little. Or how bout when you watch people pull up to the gas pumps and talk on their for 5-10 minutes b4 getting out ot pump gas!!!!!!!!
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I hate to break this to you folks but the reason those "homeless" people have phones is because we the American taxpayer are providing the phones for them so that "when" a perspective employer tries to contact them they will have a point of contact. I saw a billboard that was advertising free cell phones while in downtown Whorelando not long ago.

Doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

No, I did not know that, but: if that is real, then it is the first WORTHWHILE use for this annoying device that I have heard of, and applaud the ingenuity of whoever thought of it.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

alnitak wrote:
eric65 wrote:
Add Health Care to the list. They can afford the latest iPhone, but not $25 a month for health care. Our entitlement dollars pay for their housing, food, utilities, etc. (I know...I have a couple of rental properties through the local Section 8 programs), just so they can turn around and use whatever money the make on Direct TV, cell phones and texting, equiping their ricers, etc. I'm disgusted by the whole process! :evil:
WHERE do you get healthcare for $25/month? :roll:
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

I like this candid shot of Michelle. If looks could kill no amount of free health care would save Mrs. Sarkozy (sp) :shock:

DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

SmokeEater2 wrote:I like this candid shot of Michelle. If looks could kill no amount of free health care would save Mrs. Sarkozy (sp) :shock:

We need a caption contest for this photo. :lol:
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

DBW wrote:
SmokeEater2 wrote:I like this candid shot of Michelle. If looks could kill no amount of free health care would save Mrs. Sarkozy (sp) :shock:

We need a caption contest for this photo. :lol:
"Your gaze isn't worshipfull enough Skeletor. Bow to my Man... "
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

:lol:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[We need a caption contest for this photo]

("Don't even THINK, about trying that 'Miss-Nicey' look !")

Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

:evil: White devil be-otch! :twisted:

:lol:
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1