Goodbye All

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Goodbye All

Post by rjohns94 »

It saddens me to write this. Over the last few months, the tone of the board has taken a direction that I no longer find comfortable. Several new, and several old posters have taken it upon themselves to attack others for what appears to be no reason. The blunt conversations no longer reflect the high-class of those I have come to know as family. personal attacks have driven off shootist and long time contributors alike. There are now people on this board that do not respect others, can not act politely nor tolerate others opinions. I joined many years ago when i first heard of the shootist, and lingered in the wings gleaning a wealth of knowledge and respect for so many. When I came back to this forum, it was as if my family had grown. Many of you have touched my life in a number of wonderful ways. This forum has been home and a very comfortable place. It is becoming an uncomfortable place with the attacks and intolerance and cursing and posts not befitting a family place. To those whom I have come to know as friends, I wish you blessings. I hope that we stay in touch via email but should this be the parting of our paths, may you have a joyful and fulfilling and blessed life. I wish for you every happiness. I will ask Hobie to keep my membership open for a period so that PM's can be sent and received to exchange emails and contact info. After that, I will, like JI, and ScottT, and others, ask to be removed from the forum. Blessings to all. thank you for your knowledge, your prayers, your laughs and fun. I will forward the funds gathered for the appreciation tribute of Paco, Hobie and AMBRACOL, to YK for sending them on. Please contact him with further donations. Peace. Out.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Re: Goodbye All

Post by alnitak »

Mike,

I am greatly saddened by your post. While I understand your reasons, and share many of your opinions, please keep in mind that the majority of those on the board are good people. You have made many friends, shared many intimate thoughts, prayers and feelings, and enlightend us all with your experience and humor. I would ask that you reconsider your decision -- stay on and just post in those threads where subjects are discussed politely by gentlemen or discourse with your friends only. As we lose more of the "good" people on this board, like Ji, ScottT and yourself, the character of the boards swings ever more towards the ignorant, unthoughtful and uncaring. We need your presence and example here. Don't let the turkeys bring the eagles down with them!

Bruce
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

:?: :?:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

MIKE, THIS IS QUITE A DECISION TO HAVE BEEN MADE. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND AM TRULY SORRY TO SEE YOU RIDE OFF INTO THE SUNSET. I DO HOPE IT WAS NOTHING ME AND MY BIG MOUTH SAID HERE. IF IT WAS I APOLOGISE RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW.
WHY DON'T YOU TAKE SOME TIME OFF FROM HERE AND THINK THINGS OVER. MAYBE YOU'LL RECONSIDER AFTER A SPELL.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Mr. Johnson,

I have not been around for very long and don't have a lot of posts but I have always enjoyed reading your posts/replies etc....I really hate to see good men leave. I haven't read a lot of negative stuff but again I'm a rookie. That being said please know that I have enjoyed reading your comments. Please take care sir.

jumbeaux
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Mike,

I hope that you will change your mind. I enjoy your posts and appreciate your take on things and just your views of the world in general not to mention you knowlege of firearms and hunting.

I agree that there has been some outright obnoxious behavior around here lately. Hope that changes.

Keep in touch!

jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Best Wishes Mike! You are considered a good friend and a member of our extended family at the 86er household. I know you are level-headed and put a lot of thought into everything you do. With that in mind I don't question your parting, I only wish you well and hope that we can keep in touch outside the forum.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
slimster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by slimster »

alnitak wrote:Mike,

I am greatly saddened by your post. While I understand your reasons, and share many of your opinions, please keep in mind that the majority of those on the board are good people. You have made many friends, shared many intimate thoughts, prayers and feelings, and enlightend us all with your experience and humor. I would ask that you reconsider your decision -- stay on and just post in those threads where subjects are discussed politely by gentlemen or discourse with your friends only. As we lose more of the "good" people on this board, like Ji, ScottT and yourself, the character of the boards swings ever more towards the ignorant, unthoughtful and uncaring. We need your presence and example here. Don't let the turkeys bring the eagles down with them!

Bruce
+1 alnitak stated it very well. With those like Ambracol, Hobie and Jim T watching over things, I don't think they will let the situation get too far out of hand. I was just thinking that the tone had been a little less combative the last couple of days, but maybe it just seemed that way to me. Good luck and best wishes whatever you decide, but you will be missed!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I hope you change your mind...Maybe you're having a bad day, Sir.....the straw that seemed to break your back really was not all that bad :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Hate to hear this but it surely is your decision. I wish you would stay though.
"That'll Be The Day"
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Mike, E-Mail sent, but this is bad, you leaving here. I still kick myself for not buying that 30-30 you had not long back, one more wouldn't hurt, but now I won't get another chance from you. Stay here, and do your best to influence anyone who might be out of line, to get their act together. That's what you do, you work with people who maybe need your help.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I am saddened to hear of any good friends leaving this forum just because of a few loud mouths.
Please reconsider your decision to leave as it will just make this place all the poorer.
I still consider this forum to be the best, despite a few posters that seem to know how to wind up fellow shooters for their own weird satisfaction.
Most of the guys on this forum are genuine, honest and respectful. I accept that we all come from different backgrounds and have had different experiences, so I expect to not agree with everyone or even understand where they are coming from sometimes but I still learn a lot from everyone that posts, even if it's only to take them and their advice with a pinch of salt!

John.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

I don't understand why someone would let themselves be run off a forum they have contributed so much to. I hate to see anybody leave here especially because of one or two members postings. How does leaving the forum to the individuals You reference in your post help anything?
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Dear Mike, just read this sad post of yours, I have alot of respect for you and have allways enjoyed reading and sharing experiences with you.
Blessings to you and yours forever.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

game keeper +1

Please reconsider, this board is better for your presence.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Mike,

Very sorry to see you go, since I have always had the utmost respect for your postings. While I don't know your personally, I have purchased several lever guns from you in the past and your business dealings were always honest and 1st class all the way.

Via Con Dios, and with Yeshua, Amigo!

UncleBuck
Last edited by GonnePhishin on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Mike:

Everybody needs to take a break now and then. Please consider just taking a break for a while and come back in a few weeks/couple months.

I'd hate to see you leave permanently.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Very sorry to read this post, I enjoyed greatly the info that you write. It is upsetting that others pushed you out and they may not even know that they have caused a loss for the entire group. Hope you tell everyone here who rubbed you the wrong way. I do not post alot, but read the newsgroup daily, it will be a loss not to see your responses on topics.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I don't follow the 'controversial' posts that much, and even if I realize I'm "in" one, I tend to focus on the IDEA being discussed, rather than the individuals, so I have no idea what the last straw was.

I do wonder that if THIS forum is offensive, unless someone personally attacked you, how you could tolerate the average conversation in line at the grocery store, doctor's office, or military barracks...? Other gun forums I've been on are like this one - lots of time strong, independent personalities (the type who own guns) tend to have strong and divergent opinions, so the conversations can be heated and strong. That's just the real world, not unique to "Levergunscommunity.com" - so good luck not being offended in whatever realm you move on to.

If it was a 'personal' attack, that is a different matter, but like I said, I don't follow the conversations to that degree; if things turn personal vs. idealogical, I just don't click on that topic anymore, and pretty soon it scrolls off the page of 'current topics' so I don't worry about it. Still, the real world is full of anal orifices, and some of them will go to your church, be related to you, and yes - even own leverguns...! :o Letting them ruin your churchgoing, your family reunions, or your enjoyment of this, or any other, forum is just - silly.

And I didn't intend "silly" as a personal attack, but just as a gentle reminder to not let the 1% outweight the 99%.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mike,
I am really/really bummed you want to leave this forum. :?:
I very much respect and value your thoughts and advice you offer.(I was really hoping to have many great conversations with you and was really looking forward to your experiences with your new Freedom Arms .475(its my screensaver) along with so many more threads??? :(
I hope I have not said or done anything to offend you friend?If so I apologize.Please tell me if I have done so! I know somtimes I can get carried away.
I would only ask you to come right out with these issues that make you want to do this.I really feel most guys on this Forum will man up to it and we can work it out.I think everyone really likes you here.

To lose you on this forum would be a Huge loss.I "really" would miss you/your a valueable asset.Please reconsider this friend?

Sincerely, Madman
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Mike,

Please reconsider this decision. I have nothing new to add to what has been said other than to tell you straight out I will personally miss you. Each of us contributes to this forum. Your leaving will greatly hurt it and all of us.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Mike, please note my PM.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

sorry if I've offended you; it's the salt and light I'll miss, will it be under the bushel?

Grizz
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Mike, if and when you return, you will be welcomed back. I haven't met you face to face, but I do think of you as a friend. If you ever get to the Dallas area, call me and we can go out to a restaurant and have a meal and a conversation.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
morgan in nm
Levergunner 3.0

Post by morgan in nm »

Sir, I don't know you personally but have always enjoyed your contributions to this forum. I too would like for you to reconsider. If you leave, its like giving in to those who offend you and that is how the country is so messed up today.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

I Hope you will stick around. When people leave, it diminishes the knowledge base of forums and bums out everyone who's come here to see their "friends". I'll miss your posts about Ethiopia, I really looked forward to seeing how things go on your mission trips. Don't let a few knuckleheads run you off..!.. :evil:
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Email sent brother Mike. :)
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Well Mike... I'm not very well going to try to convince you to reconsider, although I hope you do. If someone needs their fingers broke, let me know! :evil: I'm sorta of the mind, that as with ScottT, the forum was better due to your presence vs. your absence... 'tis truly our loss.

There are those that I ignore from time to time, and can certainly understand the sentiment.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Mike,
I hate to hear of your decision. I have always enjoyed your posts and having meet to personally I will miss you. Hope we can meet up again someday to hunt together and share fellowship. God Bless.
Ricky

DWWC
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Mike I understand your decision, and have thought of the same thing myself. However due to the ScotchIrishgerman ancestry I have , I refuse to empower the b*****ds any further , let alone give them the satisfaction.
Good luck ,good shooting and gods speed to you.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

rjohns94 wrote:It saddens me to write this. Over the last few months, the tone of the board has taken a direction that I no longer find comfortable. Several new, and several old posters have taken it upon themselves to attack others for what appears to be no reason. The blunt conversations no longer reflect the high-class of those I have come to know as family. personal attacks have driven off shootist and long time contributors alike. There are now people on this board that do not respect others, can not act politely nor tolerate others opinions. I joined many years ago when i first heard of the shootist, and lingered in the wings gleaning a wealth of knowledge and respect for so many. When I came back to this forum, it was as if my family had grown. Many of you have touched my life in a number of wonderful ways. This forum has been home and a very comfortable place. It is becoming an uncomfortable place with the attacks and intolerance and cursing and posts not befitting a family place. To those whom I have come to know as friends, I wish you blessings. I hope that we stay in touch via email but should this be the parting of our paths, may you have a joyful and fulfilling and blessed life. I wish for you every happiness. I will ask Hobie to keep my membership open for a period so that PM's can be sent and received to exchange emails and contact info. After that, I will, like JI, and ScottT, and others, ask to be removed from the forum. Blessings to all. thank you for your knowledge, your prayers, your laughs and fun. I will forward the funds gathered for the appreciation tribute of Paco, Hobie and AMBRACOL, to YK for sending them on. Please contact him with further donations. Peace. Out.
Well... stuff! :(
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

I hate to see you go Mike. I have always considered you one of the true gentleman of this forum as demonstrated by your thoughful and level headed posts. I will miss you and hope that you will reconsider in time.

Neal B
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

TNBigBore wrote:I hate to see you go Mike. I have always considered you one of the true gentleman of this forum as demonstrated by your thoughful and level headed posts. I will miss you and hope that you will reconsider in time.

Neal B
Mike, I can't say it any better.

Take a break like Noah said, go make smoke with those longrifles, puncture stuff with the bows and decompress. When you feel like coming back 'round the campfire I'll have a place saved fer ya... :wink:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

I hope it turns out to just be a break from the forum; I've noticed that you've gotten more sensitive over the last year or so, but maybe stepping away for a coupla weeks will make a difference.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I for one will look forward to your return if that should be in the cards - we are better off with you hear.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Mike,
This place is like a regional Catholic Priests meeting compared to what I deal with on the outside. Chill out and don't take things so personal.

I just came back from blasting a few thousand rounds of ammo with the boys at a cabin in upstate Pa. I actually had guys "breaking wind" right in my face. Another guy got my tire wet on my shiny Jeep. Did I get mad? No! I thanked them for giving me so much attention! :D ----------------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

hate to see you go. will miss your wisdom. i think all of us on this forum have the same love for our country, our religous beliefs and our strong support for our second ammendment rights. maybe we all can't agree on who and how can best represent us, what the best bear stopper is, or which is better the marlin or winchester 94. but, that is what makes our country great.this is defininatly the best and most unique sight of its kind on the web. and its the people here and the moderators and the owner and the sponsers who combine to make it so. you are part of the special group. take a break, and then come back swinging.
pokey
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pokey »

TNBigBore wrote:I hate to see you go Mike. I have always considered you one of the true gentleman of this forum as demonstrated by your thoughful and level headed posts. I will miss you and hope that you will reconsider in time.

Neal B

+1
careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

"BECAUSE I CAN"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Mike -

I will, of course, respect your decision, but do personally hope you reconsider. You are one of the reasons I look forward to logging into Leverguns.com every day. I enjoy your reasoned posts, your quick wit, and your devotion to our Lord. You have personally helped me become closer to our Saviour. That has been one of the unexpected treasures of this forum. It will be a great loss to our community here if you aren't contributing.

All the best my friend.

Jay
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Well shoot Mike! I hate to see you go, but I won't question your reasoning. I personally won't let some knuckledraggers run me away from anything I enjoy so much. Incoming PM.
NRA Life Member
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Mike I thought about this and YOU CAN"T GO. Don't make me come out there.

Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Mike - PM sent.

Listen to Old Savage. If you don't stay, I'll probably have to share the driving with him out there and have to listen to stories about the gal with the hula-hoop non-stop. :)
ED
Yer never too old
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I don't think I would mind those stories. :mrgreen:
NRA Life Member
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

We would have video too. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C31JQcj ... annel_page

Bing gives me a driving distance of 2616.5 mi and 37.25 hrs. We could have us a convoy.

Mike do you always park the little red car behind the white one or is that your neighbor?

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

AJMD429 wrote:I don't follow the 'controversial' posts that much, and even if I realize I'm "in" one, I tend to focus on the IDEA being discussed, rather than the individuals, so I have no idea what the last straw was.

I do wonder that if THIS forum is offensive, unless someone personally attacked you, how you could tolerate the average conversation in line at the grocery store, doctor's office, or military barracks...? Other gun forums I've been on are like this one - lots of time strong, independent personalities (the type who own guns) tend to have strong and divergent opinions, so the conversations can be heated and strong. That's just the real world, not unique to "Levergunscommunity.com" - so good luck not being offended in whatever realm you move on to.

If it was a 'personal' attack, that is a different matter, but like I said, I don't follow the conversations to that degree; if things turn personal vs. idealogical, I just don't click on that topic anymore, and pretty soon it scrolls off the page of 'current topics' so I don't worry about it. Still, the real world is full of anal orifices, and some of them will go to your church, be related to you, and yes - even own leverguns...! :o Letting them ruin your churchgoing, your family reunions, or your enjoyment of this, or any other, forum is just - silly.

And I didn't intend "silly" as a personal attack, but just as a gentle reminder to not let the 1% outweight the 99%.
The Dr.'s post fits my feelings pretty well.

Take care man. You will be missed.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

You know, I'm retired, no responsibilties, ummmmmmmmmm, can Heather go?
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You are on the way. That would be interesting.

mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I want you to think of this mix....................................................
We could get into some SERIOUS trouble!
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Hate to see this Mike, I've enjoyed your posts and our business dealings. The board is worse off for you leaving it.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You may be right --- that may be crazy. :shock: But then you just may be the lunatic we're lookin for. Billy Joel.
Last edited by Old Savage on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.