Ammo ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Ammo ?

Post by Mutt »

Made the mistake of going to Wally World last night. Priced some gold, and I believe it was less than ammo. Man has it ever gone up. :oops: :evil: I ordered several hundred rounds last year from Midway on a sale, and it was even higher , but not $ 26.00 per 50 rounds of winchester white box . 357.
Dang that's about twice what I payed the last time. I would have bought last time from WW but they wouldn't sell me that much. at one time. :?:
Haven't been able to range play in some time now. ( back healing I hope ) and other misguided problems. ( yeah they should have been sent to some one else, Dang " it ) But I'm really glad I stocked up some while I could, Haven't reloaded in many years . not sure if I remember how :oops: , I don't get to throw that much lead anyway..But I was really shocked at the incease of all ammo prices.

You folks that roll your own are having a bunch more also. And if you are into compition sports thats expensive fun .

Oh well, just me barking some. Thanks for listening .........Mutt......
DavidS
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DavidS »

The sad part is it just went up again in September and will more than likely go up again January 2008. :evil: I couple of weeks ago I was in Gander Mountain in Scranton,PA and Winchester Western 38-40 ammo was priced at $84.99 a box of 50!!!! Jacketed to boot! The really sad part was most of the ammo on the shelves had new pricing on old stock as the old price was lined out with a pen and you could still see the old prices! The old price on the 38-40 ammo was $35.99!!!!!! Arug!!!!! :x
Last edited by DavidS on Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David S
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I hear ya Mutt. I wish I had a gun that fired something as cheap as .357 :wink: . 303brit and .45colt aint cheap either but at least I can still afford .22mag @ 9 bucks a box :shock: .
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Oz n bolivia
Levergunner

Post by Oz n bolivia »

Mutt it should not be long before you get the hang of reloading. I do not shoot that much but that price is a little less than what I pay for 38 Special here. Reloading is cheaper when I can get the supplies. I do enjoy reloading.

Oz
Remaining a curious student throughout life renders one’s life interesting and progressive.
Robert Smyth
He stated that the way I feel.
Knowledge is all we do, see, touch, hear, read. What we do with that knowledge shows our wisdom.
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Oz n

Post by Mutt »

Thanks to you Oz n for the suggestion , but at 70 I reckon I don't really need o get another hobby. ,
Oz n bolivia
Levergunner

Post by Oz n bolivia »

Maybe you're right, I'm 66 pushing 67, but I only started a year or so ago.

Oz
Remaining a curious student throughout life renders one’s life interesting and progressive.
Robert Smyth
He stated that the way I feel.
Knowledge is all we do, see, touch, hear, read. What we do with that knowledge shows our wisdom.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

DavidS wrote:The sad part is it just went up again in September and will more than likely go up again January 2008. :evil: I couple of weeks ago I was in Gander Mountain in Scranton,PA and Winchester Western 38-40 ammo was priced at $84.99 a box of 50!!!! Jacketed to boot! The really sad part was most of the ammo on the shelves had new pricing on old stock as the old price was lined out with a pen and you could still see the old prices! The old price on the 38-40 ammo was $35.99!!!!!! Arug!!!!! :x
I believe that such a practice is highly suspect, if not outright illegal and could lead to some "difficulties" for the unscrupulous dealer. I would definitely call them on it and/or report them to the BBB.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've noted that many retailers of many things mark up product (including ammo) as the prices rise despite the fact that they might not have purchased it at the new wholesale price. I'm glad that I am not forced to do that by my store's owner.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson