A Light Hearted Diversion (online game)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

A Light Hearted Diversion (online game)

Post by DBW »

I stumbled across NationStates2 a few days ago. Basically the game revolves around answering a couple of frivolous questions each day that steers your nation in some direction (I haven't got a clue where... lol).

To make it more fun for myself I established a one nation alliance for my nation when I discovered that "legislation" could be introduced to the alliance to be voted upon by each member. Since it's a one man alliance, my legislation tends to be geared towards issues of the day in the real world.

For instance, my alliance (Rednecks United)recently passed the AMMO Act: Arming Myself with More Ordnance... which is a law that mandates that all members should strive to arm themselves with as many guns and copious ammounts of ammo that they can afford. A refridgerator filled with beer is optional and will garner favorable status in the alliance.

Prior to the AMMO Act there was the passage of recognizing that the month of October will officially be known as Deer and Beer Month. If passed all deer hunting cabins will be required to have a refridgerator stocked with beer during the month of October.

Under vote right now and likely to be passed (since I'm the only member of my alliance) is the MINE Act... Marked Instrusion Negation Enactment legislation which calls for alliance members to install landmines along their borders to limit the number of illegal alliens coming across their borders. Lawnchairs and popcorn will be available for purchase by those wishing to view the explosions.

A second piece of legislation to be passed (again, being the only member has it's benefits) is the RIFLE Act... also known as Rednecks In Favor of Leveraction Enjoyment is an act that substantiates the thrill and pleasure associated with owning and firing leveraction style rifles, in particular the shooting of deer, empty beer cans and asshat politicians.

Now what makes all of this more fun is that I joined an alliance of players who simply talk about real life world issues (the game is played by folks around the world). In keeping with my Arrogant American Attitude and Pro-2 stance I use those debates as the basis of my ingame role playing alliance legislation since other players can view what is happening with my alliance. It's my way of peeing people off who hold Progressive/Marxist ideals. :lol:
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A Light Hearted Diversion (online game)

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

For the cat lovers here on the board (Sixgun included) ... I give you Meowcenaries.

I, myself, prefer Zombie Hooker Nightmare.

That one may get my post removed I'm thinking.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

:lol: +1 For Zombie Hookers..!
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Rimfire McNuttjob,
I will get you for this, I still lose, even after I get the shot gun!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

DBW wrote:I stumbled across NationStates2 a few days ago. Basically the game revolves around answering a couple of frivolous questions each day that steers your nation in some direction (I haven't got a clue where... lol).
So ... how do I sign up to be a Redneck Peon in this new world order of yours?
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.