OT-bottomless pit

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

OT-bottomless pit

Post by jnyork »

Had to go down to Sam's Club Saturday and spend nearly a grand for some new Michelins on my Dodge 3500. darn vehicles are a bottomless pit into which you throw your money never to be seen again. Left me nearly enough for a sandwich at the fast food!

Oh, well, when I get my Obama check everything will be OK again. :shock:

Re: OT-bottomless pit

Post by meanc »

Let me know how teenage and toddler kids worked out for you. :lol:
...and I don't think he even knows it...Walks around with a half-assed grin...If he feels fear, he don't show it. Just rides into hell and back again.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

meanc wrote:Let me know how teenage and toddler kids worked out for you. :lol:

That too!! :D
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Hey!!! Ya gotta look at the bright side. At least ya got a sandwich outa the deal.

My F150 4x4 has just over 100,000 miles on it and it's still running good. However, there'll come a day when repairs will be needed. Depending on what they cost will determine whether I'll keep it or get another one.
ED
Yer never too old
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I bought my 89 F250 4X4 in 99 with a new set of tires on it.
I traded it off in 2007 when the tires were worn pretty bad for a 95 Nissan Pathfinder with a brand new set of tires on it .......... In about 5 years if I'm still in IL ( only if I'm dead and burried ) I'll trade it off for something else with a new set of tires on it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I have had my tacoma for 2 years, and I have 78,000+ miles on it. I bought it new. my original tires lasted about 58,000 and it cost me 1000 to put new ones on it. Fortunately, I have had no repair bills on this truck, just monthly oil changes and standard maintenance. I'm hoping to get 500,000 or more out of this truck, thats about 9000 in tires, 8000 in oil changes over the life of the vehicle. These things are expensive to run. Often thought they are more expensive to run then a house when you consider payments, gas, maintenance and insurance. Comes out to about 9700/yr for that car. Then there is the jeep, the Harley, the Honda, the boat.

Just did some quick numbers and on the Truck, jeep, Harley, Honda, Boat - paying payments, gas, maintenance, insurance, operational fees, tags, registration, inspections, I'm well over ....Well, lets just say, I made myself sick looking at that number!! I had no idea. No wonder I don't own a 470 NE double!!! :lol: I really have to do something about ditching the honda and boat at least. Will make that a priority when I get back from Ethiopia.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Modoc ED wrote:Hey!!! Ya gotta look at the bright side. At least ya got a sandwich outa the deal.

My F150 4x4 has just over 100,000 miles on it and it's still running good. However, there'll come a day when repairs will be needed. Depending on what they cost will determine whether I'll keep it or get another one.

235,000 on my '98 F150 4x4 (its retired for reasons not related to the runnin' gear), 140,000 on my '05 F150, (i'm a somewhat high mileage driver for anyone who is not a professional truck or hot shot driver) ------ no problems. Changed the plugs at 100k on the '05 and thats it other than oil and fluid changes. Tranny has not been touched.

On my '98, the alternator went out at about 145 or 150k, so i assume i can look forward to that soon, but the F-Series trucks have been the best deal goin for me. If something did go out, i wouldnt hesitate to fix it. Their good trucks and would cost much more to replace the truck than to overhaul the tranny or rearend. I truly hope you can have the same good service with yours.

To prove i am not biased though, the 3/4 ton i bought in '07 to pull a 5th wheel is a Chev. --- already have 55k on that one ---maybe i need to stay out of vehicles for a while -- thats too many miles :lol: :shock:
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:shock: I guess I haven't priced tires lately :o
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

BlaineG wrote::shock: I guess I haven't priced tires lately :o
That's for 6 isn't it JN ? I was quoted $660 for 4 tires for my 3/4 ton, so doing Okie math, that would translate out to about a grand for 6 if they were similar 3/4 ton/ 1 ton truck tires
----- Doug
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

It's cause you bought a Dodge. It had one foot in the grave the minute it left the factory :lol:
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Streetstar wrote:
That's for 6 isn't it JN ? I was quoted $660 for 4 tires for my 3/4 ton, so doing Okie math, that would translate out to about a grand for 6 if they were similar 3/4 ton/ 1 ton truck tires
Sorry, nope, 4 tires, LT265/70R17, load range E, Michelin all season. Your 3/4 ton probably takes 16". I could have got some cheaper, but wanted the Michelins.

PS-almost $100.00 of that is tax!!!
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

My '99 F150 4x4 is still new, 75,000 miles. I bought it new in '96. I expect it will be my last vehicle. Cost of repairs to date, serpentine belt $50.00, replaced front pads at 70,000. Shocks at 35,000. Rear shoes and 4 shocks next week. Just started on the third set of tires. Oil change once a year or 3000, whichever comes first. Trans fluid at 25,000 and 50,000. My 6th Ford PU. Love 'em!
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Mich hunter wrote:It's cause you bought a Dodge. It had one foot in the grave the minute it left the factory :lol:
Now that quote scares me...

What does it mean for me when I was born in a Dodge pickup?

Have I been draggin one foot from day one and didn't know it?
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

bsaride wrote:
Mich hunter wrote:It's cause you bought a Dodge. It had one foot in the grave the minute it left the factory :lol:
Now that quote scares me...

What does it mean for me when I was born in a Dodge pickup?

Have I been draggin one foot from day one and didn't know it?

The voice of jealousy, I'm thinkin'. :D
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

jnyork wrote:
Streetstar wrote:
Sorry, nope, 4 tires, LT265/70R17, load range E, Michelin all season. Your 3/4 ton probably takes 16". I could have got some cheaper, but wanted the Michelins.

PS-almost $100.00 of that is tax!!!

you are right, my tires are 16's ---- my price i quoted was OTD ("out the door) i think they were about $140 a tire before mounting, extra warranties, tax etc.

Makes me glad i dont have 17's ---- or the big good lookin' 20's i had been thinkin about :lol:
----- Doug
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

There's a old saying~ If its got tits or tires on it you got problems. danny
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

jnyork wrote:Had to go down to Sam's Club Saturday and spend nearly a grand for some new Michelins on my Dodge 3500. darn vehicles are a bottomless pit into which you throw your money never to be seen again. Left me nearly enough for a sandwich at the fast food!

Oh, well, when I get my Obama check everything will be OK again. :shock:

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I got 51,000 out of these, half of that or so was towing a 10,000 pound RV which is not conducive to good tire wear. I probably could have got maybe 5000 or so miles more, but they were 6 years old and starting to weather crack , no sense taking any chances when towing a heavy trailer.
spaceman spiff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by spaceman spiff »

Greetings,

Last time I had my truck in for a repair I was not even 1,000 miles over my warranty mileage. I
suggested to the dealership that they cut me some slack and take care of it sans change. Nope,
nada, zip was the answer I got. I paid $250.00 for a shorted out trailer harness. The upside
was that the dealership washed my truck for free :shock:

Regards,

Troy
I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

Benjamin Franklin