trip - deerspotting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

trip - deerspotting

Post by El Chivo »

Well I just got back from a long bus trip, went back to Ohio to visit.

I made it a point to look for deer as we went through the countryside.

Colorado and Kentucky are tied for the most with three each, and I saw one in Kansas and one in Texas, near Arlington.

In Kentucky I saw a huge one in the narrow strip dividing two sections of highway. Not sure whether it was a buck or doe, as the head was down grazing. But huge.

In Utah we stopped at a convenience store where the owner had mounted about ten elk and deer, that was an amazing place.

Here is a view near El Paso from the bus:
el paso sunset.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Re: trip - deerspotting

Post by Otto »

What part of Ohio were you visiting? Around here, deer are like rats. One cannot drive a mile along almost any road without seeing at least one dead deer lying in the ditch, And I see live deer in groups of four or five on a regular basis.

When I was a kid, in the mid to late seventies, it was exciting to see a deer, because one might only see one or two during the course of the summer. Nowadays, they are seen as a destructive nuisance.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Otto. I just noticed that you are from the Coshocton area. We are over here by Tappan Lake. Barely two hootsand a holler away.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Otto wrote:What part of Ohio were you visiting? Around here, deer are like rats. One cannot drive a mile along almost any road without seeing at least one dead deer lying in the ditch, And I see live deer in groups of four or five on a regular basis.

When I was a kid, in the mid to late seventies, it was exciting to see a deer, because one might only see one or two during the course of the summer. Nowadays, they are seen as a destructive nuisance.
Same in Indiana.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Gobblerforge wrote:Otto. I just noticed that you are from the Coshocton area. We are over here by Tappan Lake. Barely two hootsand a holler away.
Gobbler
What up, yo.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

If you were on a bus trip from/to CA/OH, what the hell was the bus doing in El Paso, TX? Kinda out of the way wasn't it?
ED
Yer never too old