winchester vs the others.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

winchester vs the others.

Post by two bit okie »

I have puma mod 92. the rossi one. Plans call for cutting the barrel to 16.25 inches, john wayne loop lever. eventually a new stock.

The question of the day is when ordering parts is the Rossi, and I suppose the rest of the clones, close enough that winchester mod 92 parts will fit. or how do I ask for them of the parts places????
Rick-F
Levergunner

Re: winchester vs the others.

Post by Rick-F »

LSI sells the large loop levers for the LSI Puma made by Rossi. Contact them for other parts.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

NJK will know for sure. He did this for me before the large-loops were commonly available. He is our resident Rossi 92 expert! :D
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

I've seen NKJ's ads on http://www.auctionarms.com for these levers (just the part) in the past but don't see it now...as someone said, am sure he'll weigh in here. I actually took the large lever off of my trapper length Rossi and swapped it for the regular one, making a "Luke McCain" (appearance clone) out of my 20" regular carbine which had the regular lever. Re wood, I've heard you can make practically anything work, but Winchester (or Winchester inlet pattern) wood is said to be just different enough that it will take some extra fitting. http://www.precisiongunstocks.com sellls a set of Rossi-specific wood (walnut) to alleviate that issue. As they say, none of these pieces require no fitting, but that should make it less of a chore. I've thought of picking out my otherwise nicest functioning and (metal) finish Rossi and doing just that.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Mine is a WWG on my 92 and NKJ did the rifle and all the work.

Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot