Shooting with Hobie

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Shooting with Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've done a bit of redecorating at "Shooting with Hobie". It has moved as well. If you would, take a look and let me know what you think.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Sshooting with Hobie

Post by Modoc ED »

Nice format. I didn't take the time to read any articles etc. but will return later to do so. Looks well laid out. Did you do that on your own or have someone design it for you. Either way -- very nice.
ED
Yer never too old
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

A significant upgrade and a lot of good information there. I noted the parts directory also. It for some reason is more "ergonomically friendly" to reading and scanning what you have. Your ideas or professional guidance?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

Looks great Hobie!
Seems like almost every time I google for information on a gun I'm researching, Shooting with Hobie, pops up!
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Yup, he hired some professional help (says so on the front page). Looks very nice, Hobie.
-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Very professional looking site.

I'm also flattered that you posted my "write your letters now" article. :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Nice format Hobie, easy to follow. I have to ask about the 1894 Winchester Flat band you traded a 55.00 sofa for. You replaced the stock on it. Did you finish it yourself? If so, what did you use, it is Beautiful, even from the tiny picture.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Bigahh wrote:Nice format Hobie, easy to follow. I have to ask about the 1894 Winchester Flat band you traded a 55.00 sofa for. You replaced the stock on it. Did you finish it yourself? If so, what did you use, it is Beautiful, even from the tiny picture.
Tru-oil. You can click on the photos for the big version... :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Shooting with Hobie

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Thats a really good looking site....
and I really liked Joey and Rory doing Freebird...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hobie,
I never patronize people with kind words when I don't mean it, and I am telling you that you have one heck of a site. It took me a half hour just to touch the top of the topics. Talk about reference! :D From now on when a person asks a question, we will refer him to your site. Very nice and I do plan on spending some time there, along with refering it to other shootists- Thanks for your hard work and organization abilities!--------------------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

COOL!! :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Many thanks for the kind words. Hope y'all will come visit.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Nice looking site Hobie,

I tried to add in a comment but google wanted my bank account and first born, so I declined the "offer".... [for the newcomers, this is a joke, ok? just joking] :)

but, to quote Myself, here in full is the comment I couldn't post on the blog:
I think we need to declare that we consider this a violation of our civil rights, same as being deprived of our votes.

I think we need to inquire of our "representatives" what they plan to do to keep us from being disabused of our civil rights. And require an answer in writing.

I also think that RICO conspiracy laws could be applied to those who are constantly trying to deprive us of our constituted rights.

Grizz
Regards... ,
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

AJMD429 wrote:Very professional looking site.

I'm also flattered that you posted my "write your letters now" article. :oops:
I guess you didn't believe me when I told you I would... :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

Ok, I've got the new site bookmarked. Are you going to be taking the old one down?
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."

- L. Neil Smith
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Nice format, and what a pleasure to go to a gun type blog that's not full of paranoid blathering.
Site is duly book marked.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Nice and bookmarked :) !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
41bear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41bear »

Hobie,
A great site, I just took a look. I also checked out the "Pullin" link and am sending both it and a link to my hunting buddy who can no longer bow hunt because of a disability. I'm sure he will want to see about this as he truly loves to hunt. For the last 5 years that has not been possible unless he used a crossbow. Thanks so much for this info9.
DEO VINDICE

"if only one man among all of the rest will not break ...then all of them, all those who so despise men that they believe all men can be broken and all men can be bought, all of them have failed and all of them are defeated, because one alone destroys them and one alone can give heart to all other men." - Robert Crichton
pricecw
Levergunner 1.0

Post by pricecw »

Couldn't comment, but do you still have the Ithaca M66? I picked up a 12ga at an auction a while ago, but haven't taken it out yet. Something about it called to me, and when no one else wanted it, I walked out with it pretty cheap.

--Carl
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

41bear wrote:Hobie,
A great site, I just took a look. I also checked out the "Pullin" link and am sending both it and a link to my hunting buddy who can no longer bow hunt because of a disability. I'm sure he will want to see about this as he truly loves to hunt. For the last 5 years that has not been possible unless he used a crossbow. Thanks so much for this info9.
Mr. Pullin is a fine fellow.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

pricecw wrote:Couldn't comment, but do you still have the Ithaca M66? I picked up a 12ga at an auction a while ago, but haven't taken it out yet. Something about it called to me, and when no one else wanted it, I walked out with it pretty cheap.

--Carl
Never owned that gun. It belonged to a buddy who doesn't have it anymore either!
Sincerely,

Hobie

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Buffboy wrote:Ok, I've got the new site bookmarked. Are you going to be taking the old one down?
Eventually.
Sincerely,

Hobie

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I like much more user friendly the old site. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very nice! Hobie, I don't know where you find the time...

... but I sure am glad you do! :D
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

The site looks nice. Top notch.
Old Law Dawg
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

that is very sweet. well done, very professional. I have it bookmarked. thanks
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Hobie, I really like the new site, just put it on favorites for eay call up.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

All of the above, Hobie, but I still miss the blurb about the author of the site. A lot of folks like to know something about the owner of a site, and you have a varied and interesting background!

Your references are even more helpful than before. I recall that I found LeverGuns and CastBoolits from references on your site! Top notch job.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Many thanks for the kind words.
Sincerely,

Hobie

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Hobie wrote:I've done a bit of redecorating at "Shooting with Hobie". It has moved as well. If you would, take a look and let me know what you think.
Hobie,

I've looked at the new blog and bookmarked the URL. Looks good to me.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***