Shooting Gallery

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Southern Bamboo
Levergunner

Shooting Gallery

Post by Southern Bamboo »

Just watched an episode of Shooting Gallery w/ Michael Bane and he featured the Levergun as a home defense weapon!

They went through a really cool warehouse called Swanson Tactical and demonstrated how you'd use the carbine to clear rooms, etc.

Very cool!

He did have one w/ picatinny rails, an Aimpoint, and a tactical light...

Awesome episode. Check it out if you get that program. Should be on again tonight.

Southern Bamboo
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Shooting Gallery

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm hoping they put it on the website... I ain't got no Gooberment Controlled Digital MSM TV...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Southern Bamboo
Levergunner

It's out there - or at least the preview to it:

http://www.downrange.tv/shootinggallery/episode109.htm

Southern 'Boo
Billy Boy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Billy Boy »

Boo!
It was interesting! I liked how he mentioned a Trapper configuration being best for CQB situations do to it's short length.
BB

:wink:
You can get alot further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone!
Al Capone
Southern Bamboo
Levergunner

I liked how he showed the guns w/ the add-ons and tactical gear, and has a plain-jane .44mag trapper ae for his bed gun.

Can't beat the simplicity! Mine is a .30wcf 94 that I got cheap... not $100 cheap like he did, but not much north of that price...

'Boo
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I hope someone tapes it...
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Ironsights wrote:I'm hoping they put it on the website... I ain't got no Gooberment Controlled Digital MSM TV...
I heard that with the 'digital' format comes the potential to a) send differing programs to differing recipients simultaneously, and b) see which recipient is watching what program. Something about handshaking protocols or packet somethingorothers.

Are those things true...?

Both seem innocent enough, but imagine the 'fun' if certain individuals were broadcast different versions of the news in order to mould their behavior, or if someone created a database of who watches the 'wrong' programs...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

IMO the Gooberment "mandatory" digitizing of TV is only the next-to-final straw ("V-chip" being the first) in the total Goobernment Control of the media (un"Fairness" doctrine v.2 being the final straw).

With Digital TV, the Ministry of Truth will be able to shut off any station they don't like by simply scrambling whatever digital signal/channel they want... somthing they can't easily do with analog.

The whole thing is a Big Government/NeoSocioFacist Crock.

Blaojevich them.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
JustaJeepGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by JustaJeepGuy »

My first thought when I heard about the switch to digital TV was, "How is that the government's business?" But I guess they can then more easily control programming. But they already own the couch potatoes; who do they think they'll catch now? Not me, because I don't watch TV any more... (I hope this isn't too much like politics...)
A man's admiration for absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
plinkin pete
Levergunner 1.0

Post by plinkin pete »

I caught the show and was a little surprised at the subject matter. After watching I had to agree with most of the points made clear, but my trusty shotgun sleeps in my bedroom just the same:)