IN HONOR OF THE INAUGURATION

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

IN HONOR OF THE INAUGURATION

Post by JimT »

join the NRA TODAY!

No .. they ain't the only game in town .. but they are the biggest. They have the biggest stick. And if the Membership will hold their feet to the fire, they do respond. We have proven this in the past and can do so again.

Besides, what better way to remember our new President and Congress?

DO IT NOW!!
Ysabel Kid

Re: IN HONOR OF THE INAUGURATION

Post by Ysabel Kid »

+1

If you are already a member, sign up a friend. We are all meeting new gun owners since the fear purchasing started before the election - encourage them to sign up. The NRA is certainly not the only game in town, nor the "most pure", but they are the largest, most powerful - and more importantly, most feared. The Dem's have noted the increase in purchasing, and if they see the NRA's ranks swell, they may just remember what happened to their majorities in Congress the last time they decided to take advantage of having a new President of their party sign some anti-gun garbage. We need to remind them of this in no uncertain terms...
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yes, a great way to celebrate indeed. I might just have to visit my local gunshop too :) (it's for the good of the Country honey! :wink: )
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

If you haven't been to a shop to see what people perceive this president will do you should go. Most shops have a dearth of EBRs, semi-auto pistols and riot shotguns despite resupply. Reloading components are hard to come by at all in some areas. If you hang out at a shop you may well have seen little old ladies come in to buy guns before they can't. I do believe that more guns have been sold due to this election than due to Clinton's election.

However, without organization they will feel free to ignore us. Pony up the $35 by skipping lunch a couple of times this week or taking the extra money you have right now from filling your gas tank and join the NRA. That is a message they hear.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
victor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by victor »

Thanks for the kick in the pants.I just re-newed.

Hobie, thanks for the link,it does'nt get easier than that.
Vic
Winchester Model 94(61').32 Winchester Special
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Good post, JimT.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

What Hobie says is true here on left coast as well. Mostly new buyers.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I just finished filling out a membership form that came in the mail a few days ago. I've been meaning to get it done. It will go in the mail today.
May not be as quick as the on line sign up, but it will get there.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

I have been a member of the NRA for many years and a Life member for some 20 of that. Lately, however, they have become rather weak and ineffective when it comes to protecting our firearms rights. It appears that they have caved in to Congress and their insideous ways of slowly dissecting ther 2nd Amendment to the Consitution. Obama's and his minions will certainly continue that process, and at a more vigorous pace. What will the NRA do now? They constantly beg for our money, so let's see some real action on their part. :?
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Mike D. wrote:I have been a member of the NRA for many years and a Life member for some 20 of that. Lately, however, they have become rather weak and ineffective when it comes to protecting our firearms rights. It appears that they have caved in to Congress and their insideous ways of slowly dissecting ther 2nd Amendment to the Consitution. Obama's and his minions will certainly continue that process, and at a more vigorous pace. What will the NRA do now? They constantly beg for our money, so let's see some real action on their part. :?
I've been an NRA member for many, many years and a couple of years ago became a life member. The more people that stand w/the NRA, the more voice and push we'll have. If people are worried about losing their RKBA they need to take a stand and join. Join something pro second amendment, but JOIN!
Old Law Dawg
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I was a member for a long time, then I lapsed. I promise to renew today. A good day to do it. I would like to suggest a motto:

"You Ban Guns and We Will Ban You"
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

If for nothing else , just join to help send a united voice to the bigger threat, the Congress under the madcapped leadership it now has.
I reafirm my pledge to the constitution every 3 months when my easypay life installment is made to my credit card :!:

God bless this country and those that will keep it strong.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Mike D. wrote:I have been a member of the NRA for many years and a Life member for some 20 of that. Lately, however, they have become rather weak and ineffective when it comes to protecting our firearms rights. It appears that they have caved in to Congress and their insideous ways of slowly dissecting ther 2nd Amendment to the Consitution. Obama's and his minions will certainly continue that process, and at a more vigorous pace. What will the NRA do now? They constantly beg for our money, so let's see some real action on their part. :?
In the 1970's the leadership of the NRA got "weak-kneed" .. and the Membership rose up and did something about it ... and turned things around. When Mr. Clinton was President the leadership of the NRA was pussyfooting around .. and the Membership - through just a letter writing campaign - moved them to positive action.

All it takes is for the Membership's voice to be heard.

If the Membership bitch and moan but don't do anything, nothing will happen. Large organizations are like that whether they be Churches, Schools or whatever. People have to act together.

With a huge part of the Membership being concerned with our freedoms - and IF they will let the NRA leaders know how they feel - THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

Got gripes? Get them to your NRA Board Members. Send them to the Leadership. Email. Call. Write. It works. We have proven it in past years.
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

I hear ya JimT!! Timely reminder!!

I upgraded to LIFE member after the election and proud to do so. Can't stop there, as others said, we should be looking for friends to join up. I thought things were bad with Bill Clinton and the onslaught in 1992. This new challenge is much greater and needs to be met HEAD ON!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

You can't change an organization from the outside like you can from the inside.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
ohio hunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by ohio hunter »

Ok Jim,
I just signed my 8year old daughter and myself up for 3 years. I will now stop complaining about the NRA and start complaining AT them. ;) Thanks for the gentle persuasion. I will prolly renew my GOA membership too.
Jay
You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

Thanks Jim.
About 2 weeks ago, I upgraded my two brothers to Life Membership, and myself to Endowment.
Hopefully, this will help.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ok, Guys.......... I, as a somewhat irred former NRA member, just signed up for Easy Pay Life...... Come on, it ain't that much or that hard. $$25 bucks off the card every three months......Just do it. :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

Ohiohunter, JeffQuinn, and Blaine,

GREAT JOB GUYS!!

Geoff
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

I just renewed for two more years. Thanks for the kick in the pants JimT.
Chad
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

ok, I did it; this may not seem like a big deal, but I was impressed that they mail you a congratulations letter when you have a good day shooting silhouette. For a big, impersonal organization that's a lot of attention. We can't count on them to defeat every lib in the government but they are working hard.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
cavemike
Levergunner

Post by cavemike »

I joined the NRA this summer at the Indy 1500 gun show. For Christmas presents this year I signed up (with their blessings) my three brothers. I know that I will renew my membership and I think my brothers will also. They are in descending order, retired Navy officer now working in supply for the Marines, a retired Coast Guard officer working for the DIA, an ex Colt engineer working in the southeastern US.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jimbo,
Good post! :D I have been a member since February 1973. Our gunclub requires its members to be NRA people and this Leverguns board ought to do the same. :D ------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

In honor of the inauguration INDEED!

:oops: :evil:
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Just bumped my membership to "Patron". :D :D
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

the nra is just beginning to catch up with the crooked politicians, labor unions, organized religions and charites. they've all become fat and lazy, willing to comprimise their beliefs in order to keep the cash machine following. the nra is still the best bet the gun owner has in the fight to keep the second amendment. just HOPE they WAKE UP, before its tooooo late. :( :(
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

tman wrote:....... just HOPE they WAKE UP, before its tooooo late.
Sir I beg to differ -- it is up to the Membership to wake them up. It has been done before. It can be done again .. IF THE MEMBERSHIP will make their will known.

It's real simple. Call - Write - Email - FAX the Board Members and the President of the NRA and let them know what the membership wants.

They do listen when the Members speak up. Organize the gunowners in your area and start a letter-writing campaign to the NRA. As I said before .. It has worked in the past. It will work now. But WE have to act. We cannot wait for others to do it.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

guess i'm just as fat and lazy as those i've accused of being. thanks for the kick in the pants,JIM T, gonna do something about it though. :oops:
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

My check went in just last week... to celebrate todays activity I bought a few rounds of Lake City 30 cal on 03 strippers and a couple of enblocs loaded with the good brass guberment rounds.

Seems to me that Lake City brass was the last good guberment idea they had...know what I mean?

Today I am stuck in Claremore OK... finished up early and took in a bit of the Davis Gun Museum. Now only in OK will you find a state run GUN museum... neary 50,000 square feet. Seem the old boy had one of the largest private collections in the world and when he passed it was donated to the state of OK ... as long as the archive it.

This old man had one of every thing... back to Adam and Eve...multiples of the stuff he liked.

Cheers!

Jeff
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by kirkwood »

I'm down for a 3 year renewal.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thanks Jim for posting this and all of you who renewed today. You will get tons of requests for money, and the occasional offer to improve your membership status. I have helped on the former when I can, but most of those get shreded. The NRA understands this, so don't feel bad - they do have to solicit donations round the clock though, as this just funds the political activities and we're going to have a lot more battles here soon. I have also taken advantage of the latter and I'm now a Benefactor Life Member - and darn proud of it.

Y2K is on the easy play life program (I'm paying for it), and will be a full life member here in a few years - or sooner if they offer him "a deal". Then I will start my daughter on the same program.

Meanwhile, don't be afraid to lend support to other pro-gun organizations as well. $10 or $20 to any of them gets you a membership - and simply adds to the numbers for each. Numbers = clout, and we need all the friends of our 2A rights to gain more clout right now!
Pathfinder09
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Pathfinder09 »

I'm a member, and it is the only thing between us and our guns and the folks who wnat to take away our liberties.

:x
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My wife and I are Life Members since last year, and my 18 year old daughter is an annual member. Annual bonus time for me might see her upgraded to Life Member.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Meanwhile, don't be afraid to lend support to other pro-gun organizations as well. $10 or $20 to any of them gets you a membership - and simply adds to the numbers for each. Numbers = clout, and we need all the friends of our 2A rights to gain more clout right now!
pro-gun and COLLECTOR ORGANIZATIONS this is a difficult time for them too, many publish excellent journals and the memberships barely cover the costs of publication...
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

OK - I sent NRA some more money (I'm a long-time member). Now do I get one of those Obama commemorative coins that everybody is pushing?